Re: [KWChoir] Home from War

  • barondevin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 12 8:49 AM
      > OK... now... how about some coments from the listening audience or the
      > singers????? let folks who weren't able to come to war this year...
      > have an insider view!

      The performance sounded a little rough in patches from the back row, but overall seemed very good. Will the recording be made available to us? I'd like very much to be able to play it for the University choir I sing with here.

      I had been reluctant to sign up this year, because the last time I sang with the choir it seemed like so much work. It had been in the back of my mind to try it again, but it was your being so short on basses that tipped the balance.

      I found the process much more enjoyable this year. You have a real talent for keeping it light while getting the most out of your singers.

      I'm already considering singing again next year.

      Devin
    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31 12:57 PM
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]