Home from War

  • daggett42
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 12, 2008
      I'm back to NY. Safe and Sound. Still living in the dream however!
      Thank you everyone.
      I can't say much more than that........I truly Thank each and everyone.
      The music was amazing, the voices came together!
      You guys got me such really awesome presents.........I've never been
      on the receiving end like that before.........I almost cried...
      almost. WOW
      I didn't fall off the stage!!
      Cool.

      In the years that I"ve been in the Choir, either as singer, alto
      leader or director... I think this was the most fun I've had... really.

      The rest of Thursday night last week, I thought I was floating....
      well, I had some mead, so maybe I was, but really... I haven't had a
      performance "high" like that in a while.

      OK... now... how about some coments from the listening audience or the
      singers????? let folks who weren't able to come to war this year...
      have an insider view!

      Wow

      erlan
    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]