Shameless Pennsic concert plug, only slightly OT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2008

      Greetings Pennsic Choir members!

      I hope you do not mind if I plug my local musicians' concert... especially since I direct the choir. :-)

      The Debatable Choir and Consort of the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands, members of  AEthelmearc's Order of the Sycamore in the arts, will perform on Monday, August 4th at 7 pm in the Performing Arts Pavilion.

      The Debatable Choir will sing songs on the theme of "Rascals, Rogues and Rapscallions." Shameless hussies! Drunken priests! Soldiers of fortune, abusive husbands and farmers demanding beer!  These disreputable topics will include music by di Lasso, Morley, Willaert, Bateson and Josquin.

      The Debatable Consort will perform four pieces by Woodcock, Rovigo and the ever-popular Anonymous.

      For our Finale, the Consort and Choir will team up to perform two sacred pieces: Salamone Rossi's "Kedusha" and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina's "Exultate Deo." Because we have to atone for all that naughtiness at the beginning of the concert...

      We hope to see you there!

      Arianna of Wynthrope, who looks forward to attending the Pennsic Choir's concert on Thursday night!