Erlan's foot

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2008
      Hey all... Hope all is going well.
      There is a CHANCE that I will not be at war until August 1st. I
      broke my foot yesterday. I know... I KNOW....
      (Stop kicking the sopranos)

      Anyway, I usually come out on Land Grab and set up camp and my husband
      comes out a few days later. This year I might have to wait for him to
      be out of work and we may have to drive out on Thursday the 31st.
      I'll keep you posted.

      Yes, the foot hurts.... and I have NO idea how I'm going to negotiate
      war with out being able to walk on a foot.

      *sigh*

      Maybe I should have done a requium mass instead of Christmas in August!

      erlan
    • Harp Lady Ursula
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2008

        This is a link to a skooter rental store located in Pittsburgh that provides skooters for Pennsic.  They deliver and pick-up.

        http://www.pittsburghwheelchairexchange.com/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2008
          Thanks SO much for that link. I'm amazed that they actually have
          Pennsic listed as a place that they service.
          :)
          erlan not so depressed anymore
        • June Whalen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2008
            Am so soory to hear of your misfortune - you could request cart rides from Disabilities - or rent a scooter.  There is always a way.

            Past spring concert at Hershey our choral director actually got down on his knees and pleeded with God that he was sorry for always picking on the sopranos - you see most of us had sore throats - I had complete paralysis of the vocal cords (severe laryngitis) -- siad he had learned his lesson. (we'll see)

            Any way - let us know how we can help

            Meitheamh

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 20, 2008
              I know this is an additional expense - but there is still a room for rent at the Shenango Motel on Route 422 6 miles 6 east of Pennsic.  The cost is $45 a day (complete with full bath, ac, double bed, tv, and parking right outside your door.

              And don't be afraid to ask for help in setting up camp.

              My husband is disabled and we are renting the room for a couple of days until camp is full together before moving Pedro in.

              Be well

              Meitheamh