parts instructions

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2008
      Please copy this page or make the notations on your music....

      For Rui Rui Chiu and E la Don
      Parts are the same on both.
      The beginning of Rui is marked with an A - that is for section and
      does NOT indicate ALTO. Those who have A marked need to sing the intro
      section, for men it is at pitch, for ladies who are on that part is is
      a melody in a very low register. Goes from A (below middle C) and dosn
      a 5th. Some ladies will continue on the TENOR part which is the 3rd
      part down. Please note that it is "octavated"so it's an octave lower
      then written. For the notes that are out of register, just drop them
      or move up to the octave.
      If you've been asked to sing the into to El la Don, please do it in
      the register that is the most comfortable for you.
      All solos for Riu will be handed out at war... just learn the part
      that you like.. and we'll do some volunteer auditions. I will be
      listening for accuracy of text, influence of the spanish, expression,
      pitch and phrasing. I'm not going to gripe about Bass vs other parts,
      if it's expressive, on pitch and phrased well, I'm into it.

      Virgo Dei Genetrix aka VDG
      S I - top line
      M - second line
      C - third line
      T - 4th line
      B- 5th line.
      Ladies singing C-Countratenor-do it at pitch. Ladies singing T-
      "octavate" and drop the octave. If notes are out of range for BOTH
      WOMAN's parts... please just drop out the note or section (hopefully
      it won't be too awful) OR when appropriate move up to the note.

      ANy specific problems, please let me know. I don't want any one to
      sing any parts that are uncomfortable to them!!

      Rose - Ladies only - three parts move into 2 parts.
      For the 2 part section - the second part is "Octavated" and it's
      pitched an octave lower. The 3 part will be marked S A AA and the
      verse section Top and Bottom.

      Again, if something isn't right for YOU.. please let me know...

      More to follow....

      erlan