Re: [KWChoir] 'allo

  • Julia Kathan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
      'allo
      Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
      Myfanwy
      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      click here
    • Catherine Sayre
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
        ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

        Catherine

        >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
        >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
        >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
        >
        >Catherine,
        >
        >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
        >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
        >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
        >octave, though.
        >
        >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
        >
        >Cassandra
        >
        >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
        ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
        > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
        > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
        > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
        > > switched?
        > >
        > > Catherine

      • Kerri Martinsen
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
          Re: [KWChoir] Re: 'allo So I am... Much thanks!  I’ll start pluking away!

          On 6/20/04 9:36 PM, "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...> wrote:

          Hi Vitha!

          The choir web page is here:

          http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

          There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
          for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

          Cassandra