O Quam Gloriosum

  • barmyphipps2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 10:43 AM
      We sang this last year at the Sacred Music Colloquium. Victoria is one
      of my favorites. Those of us trying to bring Gregorian and polyphonic
      chant back into use into the church appreciate any appearances of
      these magnificent choral works, especially in live performance.

      The CD Chant: Music for the Soul by Stift Heiligenkreuz has been
      released in the U.S. It was a chart topper in the UK. Listeners will
      be impressed at the sheer quality of the singing and the style.

      The Cistercian Abbey of Stift Heiligenkreuz was founded in 1133. My
      chant professor said he never had any luck in changing monastery
      musical styles so it is possible that this represents chant as done in
      the 11th century.

      Thank you
      John Phipps