Re: 'allo

  • Kim Jordan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
      Hi Vitha!

      The choir web page is here:

      http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

      There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
      for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

      Cassandra

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
      > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
      > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
      it to
      > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
      swing to
      > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
      >
      > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
      choir
      > practice (anybody else?)
      >
      > Tootles!
      >
      > Vitha
    • Anne of Carthew
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
        Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
        Thanks Cassandra!

        A.

        There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
        for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

        Cassandra

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
        > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
        > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
        it to
        > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
        swing to
        > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
        >
        > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
        choir
        > practice (anybody else?)
        >
        > Tootles!
        >
        > Vitha

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Julia Kathan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
          'allo
          Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
          Myfanwy
          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here
        • Catherine Sayre
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
            ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

            Catherine

            >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
            >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
            >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
            >
            >Catherine,
            >
            >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
            >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
            >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
            >octave, though.
            >
            >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
            >
            >Cassandra
            >
            >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
            ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
            > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
            > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
            > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
            > > switched?
            > >
            > > Catherine

          • Kerri Martinsen