967Re: [KWChoir] Re: the rarity of music

    May 21, 2008
      Oh, yes, there's always some snafu, as Lazarus said. For our last event, the Barons were all processing in and sitting on the dais with the royalty because the event is so big. We have a special processional piece just for our Baron and Baroness, but when we finished singing the royalty's processional we were chagrined to find that the Baroness was already in and walking up the dais steps. We just looked at each other and shrugged. We were singing for her entrance, but OVER her herald and not her song... oh, well. There's always next time. :-) And the Baroness still sent us a thank you email after the event.

      FWIW, I also always ask the royalty ahead of time, usually by email, if they would like us to sing for their processionals. Sometimes they'll have a piper or other music already arranged, but if not, they've never turned us down. The Debatable Choir has been singing at events for 20 years, though, so we're pretty well known in our Kingdom. Sometimes we even get royalty asking us to sing for them, which is nice.