951Re: [KWChoir] Re: the rarity of music

  • Susan Stoltze
    May 20 11:31 AM
      Ariana, is "Psallite Unigentio" the piece we sang at Pennsic about three years ago?  I think Anne was the KWC director that year ...

      It's one of the few choir music songs that have stuck in my head.  I had NO idea it is considered Christmas music.  And I would have never considered it as a processional piece!

      Silly me - learn something new every day.

      Susanna Merrybegot

      Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:
      Pieces my choirs have used for processionals include:

      Deo Gratias – William Byrd, SATB
      Non Nobis Domine – attributed to William Byrd, SAB
      Psallite Unigenito – Michael Praetorius, SATB (actually a Christmas piece, but that's probably not obvious to those not listening closely to the Latin lyrics)
      Alleluya Psallat – anonymous, Worcestor fragments, for three equal voices
      Alleluia – Hans Leo Hassler, SATB

      The first three are available for download from the Choral Wiki (aka Choral Public Domain Library) at www.cpdl.org. The first two pieces are both very easy, very short and good for newer choirs.

      Good luck!

      Arianna of Wynthrope

      wendy@creekstudios. com wrote:
      Would you mind sending me the list of processional songs as well? I'm sure the burgeoning Caidan choir could use them.
      Finella Harper
      .