950Re: [KWChoir] Re: the rarity of music

    May 20, 2008
      Pieces my choirs have used for processionals include:
      Deo Gratias – William Byrd, SATB
      Non Nobis Domine – attributed to William Byrd, SAB
      Psallite Unigenito – Michael Praetorius, SATB (actually a Christmas piece, but that's probably not obvious to those not listening closely to the Latin lyrics)
      Alleluya Psallat – anonymous, Worcestor fragments, for three equal voices
      Alleluia – Hans Leo Hassler, SATB
      The first three are available for download from the Choral Wiki (aka Choral Public Domain Library) at www.cpdl.org. The first two pieces are both very easy, very short and good for newer choirs.
      Good luck!
      Arianna of Wynthrope

      wendy@... wrote:
      Would you mind sending me the list of processional songs as well? I'm sure the burgeoning Caidan choir could use them.
      Finella Harper