939Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir Questions

  • June Whalen
    May 18, 2008
      Dau Duit a Ehilionoria!

      My name is Meitheamh.  Like you I am somewhat new-ish to the SCA.
      I have attended Pennsic 36, and will be camping in Disabilities Camp for this Pennsic.
      I will try to answer as best I can - but know that until the official schedule is completed - this is always subject to change.

      Choir generally practices from 4pm to 6pm.
      It begins on the Friday of the 1st week (or whenever you arrive) - 1 August
      Practices and the Concert are in the Performing Arts Pavillion
      Dress Rehersal is usually 1pm to 4 pm on Thursday 7 August
      Performance would then be 6 to 7 pm on Thursday 7 August
      I am unaware of any minimal attendance - but remember to blend and have to proper dynamics of a piece requires attendance.  Our practices have been enjoyable - but also very business like with little monkey-business.

      I actually worked out a daily schedule blocking the practice time from other activities.

      The experience is well worth the effort.

      Am looking forward to meeting you at War.

      Lady Meitheamh O'Faolain
      Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom