869Re: [KWChoir] Re:Introduction

  • Lorraine Herr
    Dec 28, 2007
      Good morning, gentle cousins,

      My Lord Lazarus, thank you for the very helpful information about participating --- showing up for rehearsal sounds like a reasonably simple thing to do.  Our household plans to arrive on Tuesday quite early (actually, will probably roll in from Portland late Monday night!), so we should be all set up by Tuesday afternoon.  Do let me know if there is anything you might need help with, in term setting up, sorting music, etc.  I would be more than happy to assist you.

      And, if a Very new newcomer can make some suggestions for music:

      Arcadelt        -- Il Bianco e Dolce Cigno
      Certon          -- La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
      des Pres        -- El Grillo
      di Lasso        -- Je L'ayme bien
      El Viejo         -- Dindirin
      Monserrat     -- Stella Splendens
      Sermisy         -- Tant Que Vivrai
      Vecchi           -- Deh Prega amor il fato

      These are some wonderful bits, and Not Too Hard to learn in several days' time.  (And yes, I have Noteworthy scores in several keys to most of them!)

      Looking forward to meeting everyone in 48 days!

      YIS,

      Angela Rosa Dellamora

      Donald F. Harrington wrote:

      Luckily, you didn't miss the sign-up because you don't have to sign up in advance to participate.  You just have to show up at two of the rehearsals.  I've been working with the gate-book because last year some people had trouble finding the info about us.  (It was in there, but so was a lot of other stuff.)  The rehearsals (noon to two on Wed-Sat) and the performance (2:00 pm Sunday) are both listed in the A&S Collegium schedule.  The performance is listed again under special events.  And just to make more sure, I bought a quarter-page ad for the performance, including a reference to the rehearsals in the Collegium schedule.  The only other thing I can think of to do to boost advertising is to get some fliers printed up before the war and pay off some urchins to put them up everywhere they can find.  (Thanks to Amy Marie for helping me coordinate the advance publication schedule.)

      Everything except one rehearsal is at the Grand Pavilion, including the performance.  (Saturday rehearsal is being graciously hosted by Her Grace Deille of Farnham's encampment, which we also used last year.  Saturday, the Grand Pavilion is booked up.)

      I admit I'm behind schedule on picking out music and getting it posted to this Yahoo! group website and my own, so any suggestions that people may have I'd very much love to hear.

      Don Harrington
      Lazarus Artifex

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic