746Re: [KWChoir] Re: the cathedral in the barn

  • Anne
    Jul 6, 2007
      ultra-cool, to put it mildly. I still get a few goose-bumps when I think of it...the beautiful music and setting...awed silence
      as we let the recessional chant die out...the way the barn exploded in applause.
      And it was the biggest "medieval moment" I've ever had.

      missy anne.

      On Fri Jul 6 8:28 , "Sapphira the Navigator" sent:

      > I don't remember exactly when that concert was. I know for sure that
      >
      >it did not happen in 1997. all I do recall is that it was the most
      >
      >ultra-cool Pennsic choir performance I'd ever attended.
      >

      >Sapphira/Blue
      >

      >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Maria Daggett <daggett42@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Far as I Know,no recording was made of that concert. Since
      >
      >> then, the architects guild went kinda defunct... and the 24 part
      >
      >> Josquin that was attributed to him has been proven NOT to be by
      >
      >> Josquin at all.
      >
      >> I think that was my favorite concert.
      >
      >> It was the next year that Elfrida took over the choir and then a
      >
      >> year later, after only 2 years of her wonderful
      >
      >> directorshipness, that I got the Choir.
      >
      >> *sigh*
      >
      >> I loved those early years.
      >
      >> wonder what ever happened to Jocelyn??
      >

      >> I tried to contact her brother (i think brother) at the
      >
      >> Renaissance book store at war, but I wasn't able to ever contact
      >
      >> her.
      >

      >> I wanted to record the early years of choir and who directed
      >
      >> prior to the Cathedral year, after that I have it down.
      >

      >> The Cathedral was in 1994 wasn't it???
      >

      >> Any help here would be great.
      >
      >> I really shoudl write this down in a better way then a little
      >
      >> piece of paper in my desk drawer!!
      >

      >> Erlan

      >> Got a little couch potato?
      >
      >> Check out fun summer activities for kids.
      >
      >> http://search.yahoo.com/search?
      >
      >fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic