      From: "Katie Sadler-Stephenson" <katiesadler78@...>
      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [KWChoir] Re: PDFs of Pennsic 36 Program German Pronounciation
      primer
      Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:48:13 -0000

      I would also add, don't be afraid of German, it's easier than it looks
      because it's a consistent language. And one thing that is helpful
      with words with "ie" or "ei" in them is just to pronounce the second
      vowel. If it has "ei" it is "eye" as someone put it earlier and "ie"
      is "eee". In college I always just used to cross out the first vowel
      until I got really comfortable with that!

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Christine Bakken/Bridget <clysne@...>
      wrote:

      > I very much thank you both for your help. I will certainly take a
      stab at it. by summer I might even get it.

      > Christine

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic