325Re: [KWChoir] Troubling question

  • Susan Heemstra
    Mar 8, 2006
      Lazurus, I'm so sorry that happened to you!  If I may gently add, perhaps both of you could have done things differently.  I will say that you handled your issue with maturity and concern for the good of the group.  The youngster in question handled it with immaturity and considered her own selfish needs first.  It sounds like a no-win situation.  Bless the soprano ladies who considered "tutoring" her.

      I would like to add my own personal story.  I joined the KWC at Pennsic 33 believing that I would open my mouth and everyone would stop and glare at me until I slunk away in disgrace.  The sound of my own voice scares me and I will drop a tune as fast as it takes a knight to get up after a blow.  But thanks to Lady Anne's wonderful direction, and Lady Arriana's wonderful soprano voice to follow, I not only was not asked to leave, but was part of the best choral performance of my adult life.

      I truly hope that all directors will have the patience to bring out the best in their participants -- even if they aren't all that good.

      Having said that, it doesn't sound as if that would have been possible in your case.  Hopefully, this is the worst thing you will ever have to deal with in a choral group.

      Yours in Service with $0.02 worth,

      Susanna Merrybegot

      Yahoo! Mail