      From: Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...>
      To: Known World Choir <KWChoir@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir
      Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:44:26 -0800 (PST)

      Greetings!

      I just wanted to let you all know that I am finalizing the repertoire
      of Spanish music for the Pennsic Choir and plan to post it in PDF and
      MIDI formats in January.

      As a teaser, here are some of the pieces on the "definite" list:

      Dindirin (Anonymous)
      Pase El Agua (Anonymous)
      Otro Tal Misacantano (Anonymous)
      Peccantem Me Quotidie (Cristobal de Morales)

      There will also be at least one piece by Juan Vasquez and, of course,
      Tomas Luis de Victoria, plus a few earlier period pieces.

      A couple of people asked me about doing some of Alphonso X's Cantigas.
      I love them, but they're not generally choral. However, I'm
      considering recruiting some instrumentalists to join a couple of solo
      singers on some cantigas. I'd like the choir's feedback - is anyone
      interested? The biggest issue is that it's not practical to hold
      "auditions" for the solo positions at Pennsic, so I either have to ask
      people to send me tapes/midi files or else just pick people who I know
      can project well enough to fill the tent and be heard over the
      accompaniment without artificial amplification. Any thoughts?

      Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year to everyone in the
      Known World Choir!

      Arianna of Wynthrope
      Director, Pennsic XXXV Known World Choir

      "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
      Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine

      __________________________________

      Living history

      Service.

      Living history