2102European Music Teachers for Pennsic
- Mar 17, 2014Greetings, Known World Choir members!And yes, I've already signed up to teach this year, as are many of the KWC's past directors along with this year's director, Lord Cailin. :-) But we can't do this by ourselves - we need you!Have you ever considered teaching a music class at Pennsic? This would be a great year to do so! We're building a European Music track of classes just for European music, and we need teachers!
You may think "I don't know enough to teach" but I guarantee there are people out there who want to get in on the bottom rung of the learning ladder and just need your help to get started. Here are some topics that would be great:
- Overview of a specific composer or style of music
- Historical overview of the music in a particular time period or place
- Introduction to period instruments or instrument groupings
- How to sing or play an instrument
- Classes with student participation - learning new music, writing a song together, round table of ideas for adding music to events, etc.
To register to teach a class at Pennsic, go tohttp://www.pennsicwar.org/penn43/DEPTS/pennu.html#teach
Click the link for THING (thing.pennsicuniversity.org.), which is the signup database for teaching at Pennsic.
Click "Sign In" if you've already got an ID from teaching at past Pennsics, or "Sign Up" if you're new to teaching. Once you're signed in, request a class and complete all of the info, including choosing preferred dates and what category the class falls under. You can teach up to four classes at Pennsic, but even a single class would be great!
Arianna of Wynthrope
- Next post in topic >>