2098RE: [KWChoir] duets?

  • Kyla Mead
    Feb 15, 2014

      When I was a part of a small choir, we did a lot of duets – some of them much more difficult than others.

      You haven’t mentioned the skill level, so I have included them all, with my personal assessment.

      Ad Cantus Laeticiae, Piae Cantionesvery easy, once you get past the start

      Ah Robyn, William Cornish – easy

      Dieus Soit, Adam de la Halle – moderately difficult

      Edi Beo Thu Hevene, 14th century  – easy, except for pronunciation

      Fire and Lightning, Thomas Morley – difficult

      Green Growth The Holly, Attributed to Henry VIII – moderately easy, the version I have is for 3 parts, but I’ve heard it done beautifully with 2

      Hey Ho To The Greenwood, David Melvill – easy, a round in 2 or 3 parts

      Non Nobis, William Byrd – easy, a round in 3 parts, which sounds OK in 2

      Pastime With Good Company, Attributed to Henry VIII – easy, can be sung with 1, 2 or 3 parts

      Since I don’t read sheet music, I learned by MIDI, which I can send you, if you like.

      Have fun,

      Tabitha Pennywarden