2093Re: [KWChoir] duets?

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Feb 13, 2014
      This is what I can think of off the top of my head:

      Thomas Morley wrote many duets for equal voices; you can find several of them at the Choral Public Domain Library:
      Search by voicing of SS (under score subcategories - voicing)  then look for the Morley pieces. There are also some Praetorius duets here as well.
      There are several Orlando di Lasso duets in the SA section.

      There is an "Invitation to Madrigals Book 4" ed by Thurston Dart that is all duets - some with words and some not.

      There are many Ravenscroft rounds that can be done with 2

      And from Noah Greenberg's Anthology of English Medieval and Renaissance Vocal Music:
      Jesu Christ Milde Moder and Edi Beo Thu Hevene Quene

      On Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:56 PM, "tuggerhugger@..." <tuggerhugger@...> wrote:
      Hello all,

      This is slightly off topic since I do not have a choir at my disposal, but rather would like some suggestions for period sop/sop or sop/alto duets to try singing with my adult daughter.

      'When Love Is New', an Appalachian folk song(?) has been suggested as a not exactly period but pretty and traditional and ok for bardic circles, etc.

      We are hoping that this pool of awesome vocal musicians can help to steer us to a few other (maybe more SCA period) songs. I have a deeper voice but wider range (thus the sop or alto) and se has a delicate mid soprano voice.

      Thank you for taking time to help us :)

      Illya Gemsdottir and Ynes Brasa

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic