2067Top 10 period songs every SCAdian should know

  • Victoria Sapko
    Jan 7, 2014
      Hi all,

      A friend and I have been talking about starting a local choir for some time, but haven't gotten around to making it happen yet.  I think a good starting point would be to have a local class on period songs every SCAdian should know.  This is different from the KWC top ten that was discussed a couple of years ago, as I am looking for songs that are more likely to spontaneously break out at an event.  This way, folks will have a short list of period songs that they can at least hum along or sing a chorus when they hear it at an event.

      To seed the list, I thought the following songs would be aprropriate for the list:

      Sumer is Icumen in
      Pastime with Good Company
      The Agincourt Carol

      Any other ideas?

      By the way, I may end up altering the list I actually use in favor of songs that are a) easier to learn and b) I can get copies thereof.

      Rosina

      Rosina

      --
      Victoria Sapko