2063Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic XLIII Start-up and Repertoire List

  • Heather Fox
    Dec 17, 2013
      I am so excited about the line up, especially about singing in Gaelic. I have already started thinking about garb to match :) Vivianne Dunbar

      On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM, cailin_mac_aindreis <ChoirPower@...> wrote:

      Greetings, gentle singers, all!

      Offered to you as an early Solstice gift, herein you will find the repertoire list for Pennsic 43 (July/August 2014)! It will be my honor and pleasure to serve you as director of the adult choir this coming year, ably assisted by Lady Siri.

      For our concert, we will be journeying to Scotland, performing music that would have been heard during the reigns of the last 4 Stewart monarchs of that independent country (James IV, James V, Mary Queen of Scots and James VI).

      Sheet music for 5 songs have already been posted to the Yahoo group: KWChoir43. More music, audio learning files, and links to reference performances will be added soon. Be sure to join the new KWChoir43 group to access these materials.

      I look forward to making beautiful music with you all!

      Yours, in service,
      Cailin mac Aindreis

      Known World Choir – Pennsic XLIII
      Music in Stewart Scotland

      Repertoire so far
      Updated: 12/16/13
      Languages: Latin, English, French, Scots, Scots Gaelic
      Not in program order yet

      1 - Now Let Us Sing – Scottish Anonymous – English, Fast – SATB
      2 - Os Mutorum – Gregorian chant from Incholm Antiphoner manuscript – Latin, Unison
      3 - Kyrie from 3-part Mass – Scottish Anonymous – in Carver Choir Book – Latin (Greek) – SAB
      4 - Je ne l'ose dire (La la la) - Pierre Certon – (Lady Siri directing), French, Fast – SATB
      5 - In a Garden So Green – Scottish Anonymous – Scots, Slow
      6 - Men's Piece - We Be Soldiers Three – Collected by Ravenscroft – English/French – TBB
      7 - Women's Piece (Lady Siri directing) – Ah, Robin – English – SSA
      8 - Hin! Hin! Haradalo! –Scots Gaelic/ Port A-Bial (mouth music)
      9 - There Were Three Ravens – Collected by Ravenscroft – English, Slow – SATB
      10 - O Lusty May – Scottish Anonymous – Scots, Fast – SATB

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic