      From: Jo-Ann
      Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:24 AM
      Subject: Re: [KWChoir] Another reason to keep singing

      That is a great article.  I tell my students (some of whom may be reluctant to practice) that performing on a wind instrument (in this case, Recorder) in a group, under the direction of a conductor is the most brain engaging activity they can perform.  Singers, of course, receive most of the same benefits as wind players, absent of manipulating the keys on an instrument.  Deep breathing is so healthy for you.  They say musicians live longer . . . .

      Siri