1960Re: What are you singing?

  • jonisyngs
    Jan 30, 2013
      The Roaring Wastrels are preparing new music for our upcoming events (Golden Seamstress, It Takes My Child to Raze a Village, Battle of the Inland Seas, Baron Wars, Pennsic) and learning some Owain Phyfe tunes. Some of them will be included in our Known World Choir repertoire for Pennsic 42!

      Lady Siri Toivosdotter

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Karen Kasper wrote:

      > I thought it might be nice today to lighten the winter doldrums (at least, for those of us up north).
      >
      > What are you singing lately?
      >
      > Two weeks ago the Debatable Choir sang its annual 12th Night concert of about 8 pieces, which included "Personent Hodie," "Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som," "O Dolce Vita Mia" by Baldassare Donato, and one of the songs Lady Siri is doing with the Pennsic Choir next August, Palestrina's "Sicut Cervus." That piece is utterly sublime; I promise you are going to love it.
      >
      > My choir's next project is a BIG one - the Crown Prince and Princess of AEthelmearc, with the help of Master Steffan ap Kennydd of the East Kingdom, are planning a very authentic Coronation ceremony, and I have the honor of coordinating performers for the multiple choral pieces that will be part of the ceremony. The big show piece will be "Da Pacem Domine" by Firminus Caron, which I chose mostly because it's from the requested time period of mid-15th century, voiced for SAB so we don't have to worry about the old bugaboo of a dearth of tenors, and it's really pretty and upbeat but not too long. It's a little obscure so I haven't found any recordings of it, but I hope we'll be able to tape it at Coronation in April.
      >
      > And, of course, we're beginning to learn our Pennsic repertoire, which will include Marenzio's "Zefiro Torna." We'll be performing Monday night as usual, and will also sing a few pieces on Thursday at the Known World Choir and Friends concert.
      >
      > So, what is everyone else up to?
      >
      > Arianna of Wynthrope

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic