1916KWC41 guidelines

  • Dave
    Jul 27, 2012
      Some final thoughts and suggestions for the Known World Choir as many of you head off to War:

      Final rehearsal and performance schedule:

      Aug 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Th, F, Sa, Su, Mon) at 3:00-5:00 PM in the Performing Arts Tent - regular rehearsal

      Aug 7, 8 (T, W) 4:00-6:00 PM in the Performing Arts Tent - rehearsal

      Aug 7 (W) 'teaser' performance (2-3 songs in 2-3 locations) during Midnight Madness - maybe 8:30pm or so

      Aug 9 (Th) 1:00-3:00 PM in Performing Arts Tent - dress rehearsal and recording

      Aug 9 (Th) 6:00 PM in Performing Arts Tent - CONCERT!! (call time at 5:30)

      Please bring the following to every rehearsal:

      - A pencil
      - A bottle of water (although there may be water provided in the PA Tent)
      - Your music, in a 1/2" or 1" black three-ring binder

      FOR THE CONCERT:

      - Please wear clean garb in good condition. It doesn't have to be fancy or any particular period, style or color, but it should be something reasonably nice, and not so warm it will make you faint in the heat!
      - Please, no large hats or hoop skirts. It's going to be crowded on stage
      - Please arrive at 5:30 pm so we can get everyone lined up in order and warm up
      - Bring your black binder with the music in concert order (order tbd)
      - Invite your family, your friends, your barons, your liege lords and ladies, your retainers, and your royalty to attend!
      - Please don't use any scent or perfume as it can have drastic effects on folks with allergies

      RECORDINGS

      Once again Master Li Kung Lo of the East has graciously agreed to record audio from our dress rehearsal (where we can avoid audience noise, among other things) so that we can have good quality audio files for a CD after the concert. I'll let people know when those are available and what the cost will be.

      Miscellaneous

      When you get to your first rehearsal please sign in and say 'hi'. I'm terrible with names (for those of you I've already met) but cherish seeing old friends and making new ones.

      Continue recruiting your singing friends for the choir, and recruit everyone to come to the concert Thursday night. It should be very interesting this year with multiple groups including the first KWC Childrens' Choir.

      Most important - come to have fun! Isn't that the point?

      See you all in a week or so,

      Robyn
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic