165Quest for a clef

  • harpadillo
    Apr 7, 2005
      I have and wear almost contstantly a treble clef necklace.  The clef is about 1 inch tall, and of a simple, almost rough design.  I have had and worn it for years.

      My only quibble about it is that it is a teble, or G clef.  I am an alto.  I play a viola.  I study music that usually uses C clefs.  In high school, I even petitioned to have alto clef music questions in our music theory final - which up until then had only had treble and bass clef questions (my argument was if I had to learn to read clefs I never used, then everyone had to).

      I have looked far and wide, but all music jewelry tends to be treble clef, or some permutation of notes.  I've seen the occasional bass clef - but no alto or C clefs.

      I'm wanting one about 1 inch tall, of a simple, almost rough design.

      I've attached a JPEG of it for those who are able to view it.  If you can't, I'll be happy to email it directly if you want a gander.  I would also upload it to the file section of a group if there is interest.

      Niamh inghean Lachlainn - alto

      I would appreciate any assistance or leads.

      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."
      - John Lennon

      Yahoo! Messenger