1638Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic 40. music

  • Nicole E. Miller
    Apr 11 9:05 AM
      Lower range sounds are often harder to hear on any recording and it has to be amped up more during editing. I spoke with several from my home music group who were in the audience and while those voices were harder to hear in some of the CD pieces, in person they were not as hidden. It might even be an affect of Master Li having to remove much of the background hum possibly taking away some of the lower voice presence. Sort of collateral damage, so to speak, of the audio cleaning.

      Sian
      ---- Steven Mansfield <oroboro.steve@...> wrote:

      I'll check those out here a bit later, but one thing your comments on the
      first one brought to mind - How can we account for the distinct disparity in
      high-vs-low voices we ran into this last year? The tenor/bass lines on the
      CD were *really* hard to pick out.

      --
      Steve Mansfield
      425-829-8729 (Cell)