1475Re: [KWChoir] KWC update
- Jul 30, 2010Since Tegwen posted her info, hi, I'm Eliane, and I've never been a section lead before...! Be gentle with me. Also, I do not play any instruments, so anyone who can bring a pitch-producing instrument (recorder will do) to the soprano sectional would earn my eternal gratefulness. I do know most of the music, have sung with the KWC at Pennsic for many years, and am looking forward to singing with you all and helping the soprano section!I'm arriving late night Saturday, Aug. 7th and will be at rehearsals starting on Sunday the 8th. I can be found at choir (duh) or at Northshield Royal in N19, up near parking. Most anyone there can get me a message if needed, though I do tend to wander alone at War so they may not know where I am at any given time. I am not work-tethered and so will not have my cell phone with me.In related news, I've just received word that a) we have permission to use the "Matona Mia Cara" subtitles, and b) the owner of the subtitle cards may even know where they are so I can get them from him this weekend (he and his Lady are in the midst of a move across town, you know how these things go). If he can find them, I will bring them to War and we will have some extra giggles during "Matona"!ElianeEliane Halevy, OL
Barony of Jararvellir, Kingdom of Northshield
Jennifer Friedman, 4630 Mineral Point Rd., Madison, WI 53705
(608) 238-7627, jennifer-friedman@..., www.gflower.orgFrom: Michelle Faid <trinitysong@...>
Sent: Thu, July 29, 2010 11:56:27 PM
Subject: Re: [KWChoir] KWC update
For Altos in need of help, you can find me at Clann O'Choda - up the hill toward the road that parallels the highway, just past the solar showers, on the corner before you head right toward the Bog. That corner has been O'Choda for the last 20 years or so. On the map, I believe you'd find us in the N01 block closest to the highway. I can also be found at Auntie Arwen's Spices if I am not in camp, to at least contact me about meeting up later. I'll be working there long hours, and will be on site this Saturday and after.
I will also be checking email, so if you are tethered by work like me and cannot find me, feel free to drop me a line and I'll try to find you too!
"Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM, dsrubin2004 <dsrubin2004@ yahoo.com> wrote:
Many of us are getting ready to head out to war in a day or two, so a couple of last minute suggestions and comments (shamelessly plagiarized from Arianna's much more complete message last year):
Tegwen is finishing up some pronunciation guides that I will post ASAP. Watch for them on sites.google. com/site/ kwchoir2010
Please bring the following to every rehearsal:
- A pencil
- A bottle of water
- Your music, in a 1/2" or 1" black three-ring binder
Feel free to talk to your section leads during practices at Pennsic if you need help with your part. They will also be running the sectional rehearsals (schedule tbd):
Soprano: Eliane Halevy (mka Jennifer Friedman)
Alto: Tegwen An Scielle (Michelle Faid)
Bass: Pavel Dudoladov (Paul Warlop)
Tenor: ME (Robyn Solarius - mka Dave Rubin)
8/5 (Th), 8/6 (F), 8/7 (Sa), 8/8 (Su), 8/9 (M), 8/11 (W) - 3:00-5:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
8/10 (T) - 4:15-6:15pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
8/11 (W) - "teaser" performance during "Midnight Madness" - about 8pm
8/12 (Th) (dress rehearsal) - 1:00-3:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
8/12 (Th) (concert) - 6:00-7:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
I'm not sure when the setup of the Performing Pavilion will happen, but last year it was Wednesday morning. I'll see what I can find out and it would be nice if some of us can help since we are a major user of the pavilion....
FOR THE CONCERT:
- Please wear clean garb in good condition. It doesn't have to be fancy or any particular period, style or color, but it should be something reasonably nice, and not so warm it will make you faint in the heat!
- Please, no large hats or hoop skirts. It's going to be crowded on stage with well over 50 of us!
- Do not eat or drink dairy products for at least one hour before the concert to avoid having "gunk" in your throat
- Please arrive at 5:30 pm so we can get everyone lined up in order and warm up
- Bring your black binder with the music in concert order (tbd)
- Bring your enthusiasm and a smile!
- Invite your family, your friends, your barons, your liege lords and ladies, your retainers, and your royalty to attend!
Master Li Kung Lo of the East has again graciously agreed to record audio from our dress rehearsal (where we can avoid audience noise, among other things) so that we can have good quality audio files for a CD after the concert.
I still have no-one doing video taping. Anyone? Buehler?
MY SHAMELESS PLUG
I'm teaching two singing classes - both participatory as opposed to lecture-style:
Sun, Aug 8 at 12:00 PM - English Madrigals (in the Performing Arts Pavilion)
- Bring your 'Oxford Book of English Madrigals' and we'll sing a bunch of our favorites
Mon, Aug 9 at 12:00 PM - Rounds and Simple Part Songs (Performing Arts Pavilion)
- Aimed at the non-music reader, we will learn some simple rounds and catches by rote that you can take back to your local group
I will have email access until Monday afternoon or so, then off to the war for me. I can't wait! We have over 50 people pre-registered so should be great fun...
P.S. Oh - keep practicing your music!!!!!
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>