1321Re: [KWChoir] Pictures from this year

    Sep 4, 2009
      I wish I had photos! In all the excitement that day I forgot to hand my camera off to a friend. If anyone does have photos, please post them on the Yahoo Group site under Photos!
      The good news is that Master Li Kung Lo and his lady, Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood, have the CDs of the concert almost ready for purchase. I hope to be able to announce their availability in the next week or two. I've listened to the recordings myself and they are really nice. Master Li and Mistress Ygraine are putting a lot of work into this project, and I really appreciate their help.
      Keep on singing, everyone! Hmm, for those of you in choirs, either SCA or mundane, that do period music, how about telling us what pieces you're doing right now that you love or find challenging? My barony choir is currently cursing me a bit for foisting a 14th c. piece from the Historical Anthology of Music called "Nel Mezzo" on them. It's a two-part with a complex top line that has lots of triplets and that typical medieval sound of open fourths and fifths, so it's a serious challenge. To make it up to them, I also introduced "Pase al Agoa" which the KWC did at Pennsic 35. It's easy and fun. :-)

      --- On Fri, 9/4/09, antoniedvorak <advorak@...> wrote:
      Just wondering if anyone is posting some pictures of our choir from this year's Pennsic. (I cannot see any from this year in the Photos section on our Yahoo group website.)
      Thank you very much,

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic