1244Re: Dimwitted Plead Help, Please

  • chestnutdragon@sbcglobal.net
    Jun 20, 2009
      When is the next performance of the choir? This is my first time here and am just wondering when it will take place. You spoke of MP3's in your email: can we hear the choir parts online somewhere? I sight read music very well, but have trouble with the language, too! Hmmmm....

      Sincerely,
      Cheris

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "hotcrossbuns_40502" <try2regale@...> wrote:

      > I enjoyed singing with the group in 2008 and hope to participate in 2009. What would help this dim-witted (unable to read music) gentle would be to hear .mp3s of an alto singing the lyrics (pretty please!!). The .mp3s of the tunes is nice (and I thank those for their efforts) - but for those who not read music (and are unfamiliar with the multiple languages), trying to figure out how the words might pair up with the tunes is very hard. Any volunteers need not worry about not being "perfect." I am so far away from being able to "guess" what the actual songs should sound like now that any clue would help. I would like to get some practice in before Pennsic.
      >
      > I utilize the public library and cannot download through e-music - but have had no problems getting the .mp3 files from the KWC pages.
      >
      > I am least familiar with the French. I took HS and college
      > German (albeit 35 years ago) and have a little familiarity with sounding out Spanish/Latin.
      >
      > I live in a Shire of fighters and there is no musical encouragement here.
      >
      > Thanks for listening...
      >
      > Sincerely, Turgiua Tredhard aka Terry
      >
      > PS: Do we know what order to put the songs in our notebook yet? Ok, perhaps I obsess too much.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic