1176Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir for 2009

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Dec 9, 2008
      Arianna -
      Astronomy is a great theme!

      Some additional possibilities:
      Orazio Vecchi: O sole, o stelle, o luna (6 parts: SSA T(or A) T(or A) B )
      Orazio Vecchi: Mentre mia stella (6 parts: SSA T(or A) T(or A) B )
      Stella Splendens from Llibre Vermell
      Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern (How Brightly Beams the Morning Star) composed by Philipp Nicolai, with a big fancy arrangement by Michael Praetorius,
      Caligo terrae scinditur/Virgo Maria, filia/Tenor an Anon. 14th cen. English Petronian motet (Oxford Anthology of Music: Medieval Music)
      Guillame Dufay: Cunditor alme siderum
      F. Pilkington: Thanks Gentle Moon
      (and from the Oxford Book of Italian Madrigals:)
      Monteverdi: Ecco mormorar l'onde (1590) SSATB (about the dawn...)
      Marenzio: Che fa oggi il mio sole (1580) SSATB (What doth today my sun..)

      That's what I've got at the moment. Sounds like fun; I hope I can be there!

      - Gwendolyn of Middlemarch aka Jennifer

      --- On Mon, 12/8/08, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

      Greetings Known World Singers!

      After a bit of brainstorming, we have a theme for next Pennsic: Astronomy!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic