1174Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir for 2009

  • Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
    Dec 8, 2008
      I suppose that means Also sprach Zarathustra is out...

      On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:
      Thanks for thinking about our theme, Susannah!

      I assume you mean "The Last Words of Copernicus?" It's an interesting idea, but this song appears to be from the Sacred Harp shape note tradition, which is 18th - 19th century American in origin. The Known World Choir does medieval and renaissance music, so I'm afraid this piece won't fit in our time period. But I hope that won't stop you from singing with us, or from suggesting other pieces.

      Thanks!

      - Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic