Skip to search.

Richie's Decisions---Jet, TAG Richie

  • jennaroman01
    Message 1 of 55 , Nov 17

      ((OOC: Hope you don't mind me butting in, pulling your character in a new direction? If this is a bad thing, feel free to let me know/delete this post.  --Jenna))

      Harley: Yer goin' the wrong way, dude. After that earlier performance of yours, yer not welcome here.

      Richie: So I was decided upon to be recruited to a group that I have no idea about, in a place I have no idea about, and don't get a say in the matter, expected to join on the spot....that's ridicules. And then am falsely accused and attacked...and after that  I can't even enjoy your party with you? Are you serious?! The only groups I have ever heard of that act like that are fanatic cults.... and even from those one can escape. *Looks carefully into Harley's eyes*

      *Harley chuckled quietly and shook his head.*

      Harley: No say in the matter? Brother, I gotta say, you whine like a chick. And if you wanna think of the Wave Riders as a--what'd you call it? fanatic cult?--then just tell yerself you dodged a bullet. *moves a bit closer and pats Richie on the shoulder* You have a nice life, dude. I got a party to get back to. You understand...tribe members only...

      Richie: Fine then. *turns around* No hard feelings between us, brother?

      Harley: Nope. No feelings at all, man. Y'all take care.

      *Jet stood in the shadows with her arms crossed over her chest. Her hair moved slightly in the sea breeze as she watched the byplay between Harley and Richie. She knew the Wave Riders, bunch of drunk surfers. She'd heard about this Richie guy from her people who'd been in the bar when he'd been brought in injured. Jet had had somebody watching out, seeing what was what where this guy was concerned. From the intel her spies had brought her, she was curious. Curious enough to be here herself, without guards. She wasn't worried though. She could handle herself, if it came to that. But this was a person she wanted to deal with directly.*

      *When Harley left Richie alone, she waited a bit before approaching him. Then she stepped out of the darkest shadows, knowing there was enough of the growing, early-morning light for him to see her.*

      Jet: *soothing voice* If you're tired of playing with the children, how about I buy you breakfasssst, hmm?

    • Oshayr De Zwirek
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 15 6:07 PM
        *Jet relaxed in her chair and looked at Richie thoughtfully. She made a motion to a girl by the kitchen, who brought her a glass of red liquid that looked like wine and took her coffee mug away. Jet sipped her drink in silence, speculating about the man sitting across from her. When she spoke again, her words were low and calm, a bit breathless, encouraging him to answer as fully as he could.*

        Jet: Let me try to speak plainer, so there is no confusion between us. *waves a hand toward the little bottle on the table* What it is, what it does... You claim much, but I need your proof, Richie. What it is...exactly what is it? What is the recipe? What are the ingredientsss? It just looks like water to me. *shakes her head slightly* You call it a cure. Can you prove that to me? Can you show me this cure? Can you give me evidence that what you say is the truth?

        Jet: *slight frown on red-stained lips* And then, what is the cost of your product? Or by "license," do you mean you supply this...cure...ready-made, then take a cut after they're sold? What is your price?

        Jet: *sits up straighter and puts her elbow on the table, leans chin to her hand* I need all you can tell me, Richie. You've made claims, but you tell me very little. In this businesss deal, I need more, hmm?

        Richie: It curess. Proof is my leg here, it was seen by many broken the other day, now, i can walk on it, *stands up* It is a mix, of secret ingredients, and some supplies I will need. Lemons, or lemon juice, wheat, and honey or sugar, I'll make and supply the rest of the supplies, you can buy it and sell on, I'll give you a license to sell it. Price is hard to say, as I only just got here. *Looking around* I could use a safe place to live, food, and a safe place to make it, to start with, once we get it selling and start a demand we can split the profits.

        *That caught her full attention.*

        *Slowly Jet got up from her chair. She paused a minute to look out a window at the growing sunlight. Then she turned back to the table, pacing slowly until she stood behind Richie's chair. She leaned close to his ear, he would feel her warm breath on his neck, smell her musky perfume. Her words were low, for him alone.*

        Jet: Mmmm...now I hear a deal to benefit us both. I provide what you need--food and a sssafe place to live, yes. A secure place where you can work undisturbed. *slow breath* Resources, if you need, to start your work.

        *Jet straightened and walked back to her chair. She sat, and her light green eyes focused on him with a crystal intensity.*

        Jet: You set up your business, create a demand, and then we share the profitsss. Yes, that sounds like a deal I can make. *smiles coolly* What about you, Richie? What do you say, hmm?

        Richie: I can't create a demand, the demand to cure whatever hurts is already there, I supply, but you take care off selling, and marketing, and the rest. If thats ok, I'd say we have a deal, I'll make you, and whoever you work with the only licensed sellers. *Holds out his hand*

        *Jet looked at his hand. She pressed her lips together and then opened them. Her eyes were green ice.*

        Jet: *quietly, firmly* No.

        *Richie waited for Jet to continue, he had a good feeling about this, and making a good working arrangement at the beginning would take care of future problems and misunderstandings, the food was good, the place was nice he could see himself working here.*

        *Jet walked back to her chair. She sat and motioned for a girl to refill her glass. The look she gave Richie was very, very neutral. She let the silence drag on a bit.*

        Jet: *lifts one delicate eyebrow in curiosity* What? You thought I wasss a merchant? *her tone makes that word sound like the lowest dirt, shakes her head slightly* When you finish your breakfast, you can go and I'll jussst wish you luck.

        Richie: Then what did you just offer me? Just pulling my leg?

        *Jet stared at him like he was slow. Maybe when he fell, he fell on his head?*

        Jet: *speaks carefully* You're alone in Vale, no friends, no resourcesss. I offered to be your sponsor. A safe place to live, to work. Food. *waves her hand dismissively* Whatever things or ingredients to make your product. A place where everything will be safe while you find the vendors to license. You repay my generosity with an equally generous portion of the profitsss. *shrugs fatalistically* But if you think you can find a better deal, then no hard feelings.

        Richie *Stands up* I dont need no pity, and who said I'm alone?! *walks towards the exit* thank you for the food.

        *Jet chuckled to herself.* (Touchy, touchy...) *She pushed a lock of dark hair behind her ear.*

        Jet: If it is pity to offer partnership, then I what I pity are whatever lessons you had to learn wherever far-away you're from. *eyes him steadily* My offer won't be repeated. Good luck with whatever you find in Vale, Richie. *motions to her guards to clear a path through the crowd in the living room so Richie can reach the front door*

        Richie: *he ears picked up on one word, what was this she was talking about* What offer are you talking about? Please explain in full.

        *Jet looked at Richie like he was the slowest student in a school for slow students.*

        Jet: Do you sssspeak a different language? Do you not understand the words I'm saying to you? *takes a deep breath and repeats herself, word for word* I offered to be your sponsor. A safe place to live, to work. Food. Whatever things or ingredients to make your product. A place where everything will be safe while you find the vendors to license. You repay my generosity with an equally generous portion of the profitsss.

        *Jet got up from her chair and drained the red liquid from her glass. She stood, backlit by the morning sun coming in the window behind her, watching him. She was starting to believe Richie wasn't really smart enough to do the things he said he could. Maybe this was a bad deal for her. Maybe...*

        Richie: What percentage of the profits? I want to avoid any future issues. Would it be OK to try this agreement for a month, and then we decide finally? If I understand correctly, I can take care of the sales, freely, in any way I want?

        Jet: *brief smile touches her lips* You take care of production and salesss, freely. *opens her hands* I get 60 percent of the profitsss. *looks him in the eyes* You want to try out our agreement for a month? *shrugs* All right. And if you change your mind, you will still be...obligated...for everything I provide you in that month.

        Richie: of course, sounds fair.

        *Jet looked to her guards, the two on each side of the living room and one standing over by the kitchen door, to make sure they were witness to the deal. Each of them in turn gave her a thumbs up. She nodded and then walked around the table to stand in front of Richie.*

        Jet: Then it's a deal? *puts her hand out to shake on it*

        ------------------------------
        *Moving from the front door toward the dining room, Baz was looking for Jet and saw her as she walked up to a guy he didn't know. He heard her last words, about a deal, and wondered what she was on to now. When Baz got to the guards closer to the dining room, he stood with them, figuring he'd wait til she was done with whatever was going on.*

        ------------------------------
        Richie: *shakes* Shouldn't be a problem, I already put out an ad. Let's start, where will I work? stay?  How about the supplies?

        *Satisfied, Jet stepped back from Richie and caught sight of Baz standing near the doorway.*

        Jet: Good. Now you sit, finish your breakfast, have more coffee. I need to make some arrangements, hmm? And then we can begin. *motions to Baz* You--with me.

        *Jet nodded to Richie and motioned for a girl to refill his coffee mug. Then she stepped toward the back hallway, fully expecting Baz to follow her.*

        *With a long look at Richie, Baz stepped around people and followed Jet.*

        *Jet with Baz came back over to the table. She looked at Richie.*

        Jet: This is Baz. *nods to the big man* He'll show you where you can set up. Anything you need, you tell Baz. He'll take care of it. He's on my ordersss.

        Richie: cool, nice to meet you Baz, when do we start?

        Baz: Right now. Bring your stuff and follow me.

        Richie: *stands up, holds his bag* Help me with this?

        Oshayr De Zwirek