"Shower of Stars" - 1965

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2005
      First concert, the "Shower of Stars" in Fargo, ND at the Civic
      Auditorium: Gene Pitney, Gary Lewis, The Hullaballoos, Dobie Gray,
      Bobby Goldsboro,Darin D'anna, Brian Byland, Vic Dana, The Crystals,
      Ronnie Cochrane, and Bill Black Combo.

      Did I remember all those names? Nope, I have the book from the show.
      The only group I wanted to meet was the Hullaballoos...and only
      because they had an English accent. Isn't that pathetic? But at that
      time I was very taken by the whole English tide that had begun to roll in.

      Favorite concert - The Beatles, Met Stadium, Minneapolis, MN 1966. I
      was smitten!

      Loudest concert - The Who at the Fargo Civic in 1968.

      Most revealing encounter with a "Star" - meeting Alice Cooper last
      Christmas, and finding that he was a gentle, sweet, paradox of a man.

      Favorite recent concert: Paul McCartney....proof that getting older
      can make you better. It all depends on your paradigm.

      Hope you all had a happy holiday!
      Pam
    • dano fleming
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
        Pam,
        Great to hear that someone caught the Hullaballoos "live".
        I was a real nut for the show on TV and when I first saw the Hullaballoos on TV I
        started looking for their LP.  I used to think of them as the blonde Buddy Holly's...
        dano

        Pam <pam@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Gregory Hockett
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
          I loved the Hullaballoos too, I still have both of their albums:
          "the Hullaballoos" and "the Hullaballoos on Hullaballoo."
          Doc Hoc

          Pam <pam@...> wrote:
[...]

        • alan and teri bozich

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
              Re: [KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers] Hullaballoos!! Folks,

              I was cre-azy for the Hullibaloos....even though they had bad blonde dye-jobs. Great vocals....songs and musicianship....their LPs are prized in my large collection.....wished I had seen them live...

              Unkle Chesty

              Pam <pam@...> wrote:

[...]

              Yahoo!  Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • dano fleming
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
                Yeah Alan,
                I think it was the lead singer for the Hullaballoos that had really bad buck teeth.
                He could eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence with that set of teeth, but
                they sure rock'd.
                I've been kinda eyeballing that Hullaballoo DVD collection.
                Can't see why Nick At Night station or some other TV station doesn't start showing some of the old entertainment shows from the 60's.  Shindig, Hullabaloo, the Tom Jones Show, Smothers Brothers, Glen Campbell.....and so on.
                dano