Re: [KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers] Digest Number 394

  • Acceptable Graphics
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      "roger" <MVBGen@...> wrote:

      Correction!!

      It was Larry Mingle, not Larry Lingle, who played
      with Eric & the
      Norsemen out of Wichita, in early 70s.

      ==================
      ...Maybe you were thinking of Van Lingle Mungo?

      Greg

      www.geocities.com/treplovski/

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Steve Pinkston
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        WOW! Now THERE's an obscure reference!

        I've heard that name ONLY because fellow Oregonian Dave Frishberg
        has a song by that name:

        http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/vanlinglemungo.ram

        - Steve P.

        --- In KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers@yahoogroups.com, Acceptable Graphics
        <treplovski@y...> wrote:
        > "roger" <MVBGen@c...> wrote:
        >
        > Correction!!
        >
        > It was Larry Mingle, not Larry Lingle, who played
        > with Eric & the
        > Norsemen out of Wichita, in early 70s.
        >
        > ==================
        > ...Maybe you were thinking of Van Lingle Mungo?
        >
        > Greg
        >
        > www.geocities.com/treplovski/

        > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Greg Volpert
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          --- In KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve
          Pinkston" <fdmundo@y...> wrote:

          > WOW! Now THERE's an obscure reference!
          ===============
          (Note: "Van Lingle Mungo.")

          > I've heard that name ONLY because fellow Oregonian Dave
          Frishberg has a song by that name:

          > http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/vanlinglemungo.ram
          >
          > - Steve P.
          That's how I knew it!

          And I'm not even a baseball fan. I just love that name. It's almost
          as funny as "Tennessee Steinmetz," Buddy Hackett in "The Love
          Bug."

          Greg V