Craig Linenberger

  • wolf_petter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2012
      Craig played with Jimmy Bond, Owen Evans, and Ron Hall sometime around 1970 with "Bluesball" if my memory is correct. They played frequently in the Manhattan area. Sad to see another friend pass.

      Craig D. Linenberger
      4/11/2012

      Salina Journal
      DES PLAINES, Ill. -- Craig D. Linenberger, 60, passed away on March 29, 2012, in Park Ridge, Ill., after a yearlong battle with Pancreatic Cancer. Craig was born in Russell, Kan., and grew up in Salina. Craig resided in the Chicago-land area for the past 37 years. Craig was an accomplished Classical, Jazz, Flamenco and Rock guitarist and composer. Craig taught music for 41 years and performed in many venues in Kansas, Chicago and throughout the United States. Recently, Craig performed in the Brazilian Jazz quartet "Rio Bamba Band," and his performance videos can be viewed on www.facebook.com and www.youtube.com.

      Craig is survived by his wife, Carol; his daughter, Erica; his son, Christopher; his brothers, Douglas, Timmothy and Steven Linenberger; his sisters, Margaret Lawrence and Elizabeth Jones; and many nieces and nephews. He is also survived by his stepbrothers, David, Thomas and Mark Larson, and their children, and his stepmother, Carol Linenberger. He was predeceased by his parents, Florence Urban Linenberger and Dennis A. Linenberger; and his stepbrother, James Larson. A memorial Mass will be 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 26, at Our Lady of the Wayside Catholic Church, 434 W. Park St., Arlington Heights, IL 60005. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Craig's name to the American Cancer Society.