The Galaxies

  • greenfuzz66
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
      Does anybody have any information on a band named The Galaxies? I recently picked up a Damon acetate by the group, where they recorded 'Come Alive' (a Pepsi jingle) and a cover of 'Big Boss Man.' There was also a different acetate by the band, but I didn't obtain it. A search of the web reveals members as Mike Waggoner, Bob May, David Chapman, David Sanders and Marty Klein.

      I find it interesting that a local group would be tagged by Pepsi to record their jingle and would like to learn more. If anybody has any leads on the members, please let me know.

      Thanks in advance.

      Mike Dugo
      60sgaragebands.com
    • Cliff Sperry
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
        I remember Jimmy and the Galaxies (from southeast Kansas) back in the'60s.  But, I don't recognize any of the names you list.  Walter Downing (from Coffeyville) played keyboards & most of the vocals.  Probably a different group.

        Cliff Sperry at Yahoo Mail
        Pittsburg, KS

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2011
              Thanks fo the email addresses, Bill.

              As for the Galaxies acetate I lost out on, it contained covers of 'Wine Wine Wine' and 'Not Fade Away.

              Mike

            • ksrocker@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2011
                I like to have info even when I don't have the records themselves.