I'm sure every musician will enjoy this

  • ksrocker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      I'm not a musician, and I want to thank Jeff Tweedy on behalf of every musician and/or audience member in the world.

      Bill

    • dano fleming
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
        Amen!!!
           Now if we can just get people to put down their cell phones long enough to listen to a conversation we might be making some progress.
        dano

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
          Dano, I second that thought!

          From the song.... "Walking In Circles".... by you-know-who...

          4. Forget the future and the college loans

          ‘Cause we’re too busy with our hand held phones

          Back and forth to a place called job

          Planned distractions while they steal and rob

          Macy’s , Visa, and Mastercard

          Have you living in a tent in your neighbor’s yard

          Hey, hey, hey now what’s that sound?

          Everybody’s puking on the merry-go-round

          Unkle Chesty

          “Walking In Circles”

          Music and Lyrics by Chet Nichols *

          Copyright 2008 by Chet Nichols (ASCAP)/Magic Garage Music (ASCAP)

          ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

          ChetNichols@...  *  http://www.chetnichols.net

          1. Metro woman and metro man

          Use technology whenever they can

          iPods are set for endless play

          In their wireless, Bluetooth red berets

          Blackberries beam the evening news

          From motion powered dancing shoes

          Implants power their PDAs

          It’s time to buy a ticket and just get away………

          Chorus:

          Walking in circles

          Crawling in circles

          Living in circles

          Dreaming in circles

          Working in circles

          Jerking in circles

          Round and round and round we go

          When we finally get home

          We just hit the floor

          2. Collagen lips lick the glass

          Between the silicone tits and the surgical ass

          We watching TV we think is real

          ‘bout washed-up rockers with short term deals

          Download lovers on the fly

          Laptop dancers swaying eye-to-eye

          Fiber optics will ease the pain

          If you can feed the cable down the drain

          REPEAT CHORUS

          BRIDGE 1.  If you’re feeling hungry take a pill

          Multi-colored tidbits ’ll fill the bill

          High tech models, as thin as rails

          Drop ‘em in the snow and ride ‘em downhill

          No, no, no, how can this be?

          There’s a new world war on our palm TVs

          You don’t need a plug to get plugged in

          To the digital life with a 3D spin

          4. Forget the future and the college loans

          ‘Cause we’re too busy with our hand held phones

          Back and forth to a place called job

          Planned distractions while they steal and rob

          Macy’s , Visa, and Mastercard

          Have you living in a tent in your neighbor’s yard

          Hey, hey, hey now what’s that sound?

          Everybody’s puking on the merry-go-round

          REPEAT CHORUS

          5. No one gets married ‘cause they’re too scared

          So they live with dolls who just there sit and stare

          Newborn babies are left to die

          ‘Cause it’s inconvenient to honor their lives

          We re-write history with the stroke of a pen

          So the whole mess happens all over again

          While the world is starving and stuck in a rut

          Its time to bend over and take it in the you-know-what

          REPEAT CHORUS

          BRIDGE 2.    But wait a minute friend, what’s this I see

          Nobody’s watching their MTV?

          They all on The Net surfing TheTube

          Hoping to see some celebrity’s boobs

          YourSpace, MyPlace, let’s have a chat

          The pedophiles purr while they’re stroking their cats

          There’s a guy who emails me twice a day

          He says he’s got a billion bucks to send my way

          7. Six-pack religion is the special of the day

          And the pyramid schemes make you pay to play

          To get what you want you gotta visualize

          Through all of the bullshit and things you despise

          The altars are clogged with wannabees

          Directing paparazzi, “Look at me, me, me”

          As, the promo machine spins round and round

          It announces the demons sent to clean up the town

          REPEAT CHORUS

        • bcruz@terraworld.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2010

            From: Chet Nichols <Chetnichols@...>
            Sender: KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:01:08 -0400
            To: <KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: KS_and_KC_GenOne_Rockers@yahoogroups.com

            Dano, I second that thought!

            From the song.... "Walking In Circles".... by you-know-who...

            4. Forget the future and the college loans

            ‘Cause we’re too busy with our hand held phones

            Back and forth to a place called job

            Planned distractions while they steal and rob

            Macy’s , Visa, and Mastercard

            Have you living in a tent in your neighbor’s yard

            Hey, hey, hey now what’s that sound?

            Everybody’s puking on the merry-go-round

            Unkle Chesty

            “Walking In Circles”

            Music and Lyrics by Chet Nichols *

            Copyright 2008 by Chet Nichols (ASCAP)/Magic Garage Music (ASCAP)

            ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

            ChetNichols@...  *  http://www.chetnichols.net

            1. Metro woman and metro man

            Use technology whenever they can