Drummer

  • B Hapgood
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      T-Online eMail

      Drummer

      A Drummer walks in for the audition...... He sits at the drums and the band leader says, "Can you play a samba pattern with your bass drum?" The drummer obliges with a boom B boom samba pattern. The leader then asks, "Can you add a Mozambique cowbell pattern along with that with your right hand?" The drummer thinks, "I can do that, no problem" and obliges, giving it his best possible Steve Gadd. He is then told, "Now add a 2-3 clave with your left foot on hi-hat..." The drummer struggles a little, but gets it happening. Next he hears, "Now add a cascara pattern on the snare with your left hand." Years of studying Gary Chester and listening to world music finally come to fruition and the relieved drummer finds he can play the whole pattern with no problem. Pleased with himself, he asks the band leader, "So, do I get the job? "No," says the bandleader, "that's why we fired the last guy."

      ------