Re: [ KPOW!! Keep Public Our Water ] Israel and water technology

  • William Sell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2009
      Sura

      Developing the lakefront is not part of these news clips. Is there
      some other source that ties Doyle to the Freshwater proposal to build
      on Pieces of Eight?

      Bill

      At 05:14 PM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
      >Do you remember that Israel was mentioned 2 times during the testimony
      >to the Harbor Commission by people trying to push support for developing
      >the lakefront?
      >
      >http://www.jsonline.com/business/51232157.html?referrer=facebook%3Freferrer%3Dfacebook
      >
      >Doyle to promote area's water industries in Israel
      >By John Schmid of the Journal Sentinel
      >
      >Gov. Jim Doyle said Monday that he will fly to Israel in November to
      >promote the Milwaukee area's water technology sector.
      >
      >Speaking at an economic summit of water industries in Milwaukee, Doyle
      >announced he will attend the fifth International Water Technologies &
      >Environmental Control Exhibition in Tel Aviv on Nov. 17 to 19. WATEC is
      >a global forum on water investment, scarcity and technology.
      >
      >Speaking to 250 summit attendees, Doyle invited Wisconsin business
      >delegates to join him in Israel, creating the state's first business
      >trade mission centered on water.
      >

      >--
      >Sura Faraj
      >www.SuraforChange.com
      >sura@...
      >414.263.1513
      >
      >Get involved:
      >* MkeXchange: Local currency, mutual credit
      >* Keeping Milwaukee water, greenspace and lakefront property PUBLIC
      >* opt OUT: Secular, Christian, Muslim and Jewish individuals who
      >reject Zionist racism.
      >* Art in the Alleys, continued? - Shout out if you want your garage
      >painted - I'll try to hook you up with an artist.
      >* Transition Milwaukee: Powering down, shifting our minds,
      >recognizing opportunity in a peak oil world.

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
      "Let us put our minds together, and see what life we will make for
      our children." ---Tatanka-Iyotanka (Sitting Bull) --- Hunkpapa Lakota chief
    • Sura Faraj / SuraForChange.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2009
        i bet there is, if we dug for it. but my computer's failing. i may unsubscribe until i'm up and running at full speed again, just so i don't come back to email overload.
        sura

        At 05:14 PM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
        >Do you remember that Israel was mentioned 2 times during the testimony
        >to the Harbor Commission by people trying to push support for developing
        >the lakefront?
        >
        >http://www.jsonline .com/business/ 51232157. html?referrer= facebook% 3Freferrer% 3Dfacebook
        >
        >Doyle to promote area's water industries in Israel
        >By John Schmid of the Journal Sentinel
        >
        >Gov. Jim Doyle said Monday that he will fly to Israel in November to
        >promote the Milwaukee area's water technology sector.
        >
        >Speaking at an economic summit of water industries in Milwaukee, Doyle
        >announced he will attend the fifth International Water Technologies &
        >Environmental Control Exhibition in Tel Aviv on Nov. 17 to 19. WATEC is
        >a global forum on water investment, scarcity and technology.
        >
        >Speaking to 250 summit attendees, Doyle invited Wisconsin business
        >delegates to join him in Israel, creating the state's first business
        >trade mission centered on water.
        >

        >--
        >Sura Faraj
        >www.SuraforChange. com
        >sura@suraforchange. com
        >414.263.1513
        >
        >Get involved:
        >* MkeXchange: Local currency, mutual credit
        >* Keeping Milwaukee water, greenspace and lakefront property PUBLIC
        >* opt OUT: Secular, Christian, Muslim and Jewish individuals who
        >reject Zionist racism.
        >* Art in the Alleys, continued? - Shout out if you want your garage
        >painted - I'll try to hook you up with an artist.
        >* Transition Milwaukee: Powering down, shifting our minds,
        >recognizing opportunity in a peak oil world.

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^.
        "Let us put our minds together, and see what life we will make for
        our children." ---Tatanka-Iyotanka (Sitting Bull) --- Hunkpapa Lakota chief

        --
        Sura Faraj
        www.SuraforChange.com
        sura@...
        414.263.1513

        Get involved:
        * MkeXchange: Local currency, mutual credit
        * Keeping Milwaukee water, greenspace and lakefront property PUBLIC
        * opt OUT: Secular, Christian, Muslim and Jewish individuals who reject Zionist racism.
        * Art in the Alleys, continued? - Shout out if you want your garage painted - I'll try to hook you up with an artist.
        * Transition Milwaukee: Powering down, shifting our minds, recognizing opportunity in a peak oil world.
      • Cheryl Nenn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2009

          The link is that at the Water Summit on Monday, there was a speaker from Israel who has their own water “hub” or incubator of sorts, where the government helps subsidize innovation and new companies with products that are in the water-related business. Israel is a leader in a lot of water technology, b/c they have precious little freshwater. They actually use desalinated seawater for a lot of their drinking, and also recycle or reuse up to 75% of their grey water (partially treated water or water from washing machines, showers, etc.) in many areas of their cities. This is of course, what the M7 water council is proposing for Milwaukee —that we become a “hub” of water technology and try to recruit new companies specializing in water into the City. There is a big conference in Israel on water technology, and Doyle announced that he is going to attend that conference and encouraged others to as well to learn from the Israeli’s. The Water council is one of the groups really pushing that the site of the School of Freshwater Sciences be at the Pieces of Eight site. Doyle of course came out with significant funding for the UW-Milwaukee system including for the Schools of Freshwater Sciences and the Schools of Engineering and Public Health, but he has not come out as far as I know on endorsing sites for the campuses.

          Cheryl Nenn

          Riverkeeper/Interim Executive Director

          Milwaukee Riverkeeper

          1845 N. Farwell Ave. Suite 100

          Milwaukee, WI 53202

          (414) 287-0207 ext. 229 (note new extension)

          (414) 273-7293 (fax)

          www.milwaukeeriverkeeper.org

          Formerly Friends of Milwaukee’s Rivers