"The Hemp News"

  • RJoh489957@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 1999
      "The Hemp News"
      Brought to you by,
      Hemp Masters Co.
      "Just A Couple Of Brothers, Helping To Save The Tree's"
      By Promoting Hemp Growth In the U.S.A.
      <A HREF="www.hempmasters.com">www.hempmasters.com</A>

      If you have an artical, or an ad
      about your site that you would like to share
      please send it to me at <A
      HREF="mailto:Rob@...">Rob@...</A>
      and I will publish it for free in the next news letter.

      Welcome to HEMP PAGES.COM!

      This site was known as HempWorld's Wide Web until I sold the domain name
      "hempworld.com." That's right, sold. Outta here. It's no longer my HempWorld.
      In 1993, I started The International Hemp Journal - formerly known as
      HempWorld- as an industry newletter. It was the first of it's kind in the
      world! We paved the way for publishing business information about hemp, sans
      the intoxicating discussion of cannabis. In five years, we managed to publish
      23 issues of what became a 60 page color quarterly magazine that was a cross
      between Cannabis Canada and the Wall Street Journal.

      Now, if you want to read my tirades or read up on old issues of The
      International Hemp Journal, you'll have to come here to HEMP PAGES dot COM.
      Don't forget that bookmark!

      At <A HREF="www.marikane.com">www.marikane.com</A> and at <A
      HREF="www.hemppages.com">www.hemppages.com</A> you'll see all of the
      International Hemp Journal files plus a healthy dose of free speech,
      new Kane's World and an expanded Photo Gallery. Meantime, look for my
      articles in upcoming issues of E Magazine, Body and Soul, and New Age
      Journal!

      Mari Kane, Publisher
      <A HREF="mailto:mari@...">mari@...</A>
      Hemp Pages & The International Hemp Journal
      P.O. Box 550,
      Forestville, CA 95436 USA
      Police efforts to harvest this year's marijuana crop

      Police efforts to harvest this year's marijuana crop before the growers do
      are in full swing in the forested hollows of eastern Kentucky and the
      cornfields of southeastern Ohio.

      Law enforcement agencies in both states are finding the drought of '99 is
      making their job easier.
      ''The drought has been beneficial for us,'' said Kentucky State Police Lt.
      Shelby Lawson, coordinator of the governor's marijuana strike force.

      ''When it's raining, it grounds our helicopters and planes. So the lack of
      rain has given us more days in the air, which is primarily how we're able to
      find the plants.

      ''On top of that, the plants themselves are doing just fine, while the stuff
      all around them is dying - which makes them stand out that much more.''

      Lawson's figures - which represent the efforts of the Kentucky State Police,
      the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, the Kentucky National Guard, the U.S.
      Forest Service and local police and sheriff's departments - show that 399,025
      marijuana plants have been confiscated in the commonwealth so far this year.
      A mature plant can generate a pound of marijuana.

      That's 140,945 plants ahead of last year's pace.

      <A
      HREF="http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread2740.shtml">http://www.cannabisne
      ws.com/news/thread2740.shtml</A>

      WOODY HARRELSON CASE SCHEDULED

      Frankfort, KY - The Kentucky Supreme Court will hear oral arguments
      in actor Woody Harrelson's marijuana/(hemp) case at 11 a.m. Oct. 14 in
      Louisville.

      In June 1996, Harrelson planted four hemp seeds, which
      would not produce substantial amounts of marijuana's chemical
      intoxicant, in Lee County.

      Harrelson was cited for marijuanapossession, but Lee District
      Court found that the state law outlawing marijuana
      was too broad (by including hemp).

      Lee County Attorney Thomas P. Jones appealed the ruling, and
      in November, the state Court of Appeals sent the case back,
      saying there was no provision for the prosecution to appeal a
      ruling by a district judge.

      Jones appealed that ruling, asking the Supreme Court to take
      up the whole case, including the definition of hemp as marijuana.
      Arguments will takeplace at the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law,
      University of Louisville.

      STROM-MARTIN SUPPORTS INDUSTRIAL HEMP

      As the region's annual marijuana crackdown gets under way, a North Coast
      lawmaker proposed Friday to allow legal cultivation of industrial hemp, a
      non-intoxicating form of the cannabis plant.

      Assembywoman Virginia Strom-Martin said prohibiting growers from cultivating
      the potentially highly profitable hemp instead of the illegal variety "makes
      about as much botanical sense as prohibiting gardeners from growing poppies
      because one variety is the source of opium."

      Industrial hemp is a nontoxic plant that was grown legally in the United
      States through World War II, when it was used to produce maritime rope in a
      national "Hemp for Victory" campaign. Hemp, which can be legally grown in 30
      countries around the world, including Canada, France, Germany, Australia and
      China, has been used to produce paper, building materials, plastics and food
      protein.

      Strom-Martin, D-Duncan Mills, said Friday she will introduce a resolution in
      the state Legislature asking state authorities to consider legalizing hemp in
      California so it can be grown as an agricultural and industrial crop.

      <A
      HREF="http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99.n857.a06.html">http://www.mapinc.org/
      drugnews/v99.n857.a06.html</A>

      Drug-Sense FOCUS Alert #420

      LA Times:
      Marijuana Can't Kill, but Marijuana Prohibition Does.

      Most drug policy reform supporters are aware marijuana has no lethal dose.
      Marijuana prohibition, on the other hand, can be quite deadly. A
      heartbreaking and EARTH SHAKING reminder came last week as the Los Angeles
      Times reported on a late night "drug raid" that killed a grandfather who had
      nothing to do with drugs. The police shot the unarmed 65-year-old Mario Paz
      twice in the back, killing him in front of his wife. Showing great compassion
      for the family's loss, police confiscated Paz's life savings, trashed the
      house in a search and dragged family members to the police station for hours
      of midnight interrogation.

      If there was ever a story that embodied all the horror the drug war can
      unleash on innocent people, this is it. Please write a letter to the Los
      Angeles Times thanking them for covering this important story, and urging the
      paper's continued pursuit of the harsh truth about drug war injustice and
      unconstitutional tyrrany.

      Thanks for your effort and support.

      WRITE A LETTER TODAY

      Don't Think About it Just DO It!

      CONTACT INFO

      Source: Los Angeles Times (CA)
      Contact: <A HREF="mailto:letters@...">letters@...</A>

      Hemp Power Of Utah
      We are a group of concerned citizens, who see the drug war growing
      into a major Federal war against its own people. We volunteer our time,
      talents and money to end the tyranny of the drug war.

      <A
      HREF="http://www.aros.net/~hempower//utah.html">http://www.aros.net/~hempower/
      /utah.html</A>

      Drug dealers violate the law to serve the people.
      Drug Warriors violate the people to serve the law.

      "Legalize Freedom -- Regulate Drugs"
      ---
      Herb Hempstead

      Mood For A Day,
      "Utah's Hemp Relegalizers" come check out there web site
      and learn some HEMP FACTS and information you should know
      <A HREF="http://www.xmission.com/~mood">http://www.xmission.com/~mood</A>

      New ACLU Report Debunks Workplace Urine Testing,
      Citing High Costs, Low Dividends, Junk Science

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Wednesday, September 1, 1999

      NEW YORK -- In a special report issued today, the American Civil Liberties
      Union is urging corporate America to drop workplace urine testing, citing
      evidence that the tests do not pay dividends in decreased accidents and
      absenteeism or increased efficiency and productivity.

      The 27-page white paper, Drug Testing: A Bad Investment, examines ten years
      of research and empirical evidence on drug use among workers, its impact on
      work performance, and whether urine testing is an effective tool for
      identifying drug abusers in the workplace.
      For the rest of the story go to:

      <A
      HREF="http://www.aclu.org/features/f090199a.html">http://www.aclu.org/features
      /f090199a.html</A>

      "Those who are willing to trade liberty for security, deserve neither."
      Thomas Jefferson.

      "God was the first stoner, that's why he's the most high"!
      Tommy Chong (April 1999)

      "The right to be left alone -- the most comprehensive of rights,
      and the right most valued by a free people."
      - Justice Louis Brandeis, Olmstead v. U.S. (1928).

      If you would like to read any of the back issues of "The Hemp News"
      You can go to the hemp news archives at:
      <A
      HREF="http://www.myfreeoffice.com/hempmasters//docarea.html">http://www.myfree
      office.com/hempmasters//docarea.html</A>
      please feel free to forward this, or have them send
      e-mail to: <A HREF="mailto:TheHempNews@...">Hemp Masters Co.</A>
      (TheHempNews@...) with "subscribe me to:
      The Hemp News" in the subject line. Or go to this address: <A HREF="
      http://www.egroups.com/group/hempmasters">http://www.egroups.com/group/hempmas
      ters</A> and join our mailing list.
    • RJoh489957@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 22, 1999
        "The Hemp News"
        Brought to you by,
        Hemp Masters Co.
        "Just A Couple Of Brothers, Helping To Save The Tree's"
        By Promoting Hemp Growth In the U.S.A.
        <A HREF="www.hempmasters.com">www.hempmasters.com</A>

        If you have an artical, or an ad
        about your site that you would like to share
        please send it to me at <A
        HREF="mailto:Rob@...">Rob@...</A>
        and I will publish it for free in the next news letter.
        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        Hey everyone, send me a link to your states relegalizers.
        I would like to do a news letter on relegalizers only.
        Some people may like to know. Thank you all my brothers and sisters.
        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        A district judge orders release of election results

        W A S H I N G T O N, Sept. 20 � Residents of the nation�s capital
        overwhelmingly voted to legalize marijuana use for medical purposes according
        to year-old ballot results released for the first time today after months of
        controversy.
        But at least one member of Congress vowed to work against legalization.
        Sixty-nine percent of those voting on Initiative 59 in November 1998
        voted yes, according to referendum results issued by the city�s Board of
        Elections and Ethics Friday upon orders by U.S. District Court Judge Richard
        Roberts.

        <A
        HREF="http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/dc_marijuana990920.html">htt
        p://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/dc_marijuana990920.html</A>
        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        NOTICE

        This report is intended for official law enforcement
        purposes only and should be safeguarded
        against unauthorized or inadvertant disclosure.

        Drug Enforcement Administration
        Miami Field Division
        December 1998

        You have to see this:

        <A
        HREF="http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/org/NORML/DEA/">http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/org/NO
        RML/DEA/</A>

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

        Calendar & Links to Hemp Festivals & Events

        <A
        HREF="http://hempfest.com/festivalsf.htm">http://hempfest.com/festivalsf.htm</

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

        HEMP JEWELRY

        Woodard's hemp jewelry is a great new site online. There you can find
        quality hemp jewelry at very low prices. They currently sell keychains,
        bracelets, and necklaces. Custom projects can also be done.

        Shelley Woodard, does some phat work, being a creator of hemp jewelry,
        I would have to give her a green thumb up. (o: (Keep on hemppen girl)

        <A
        HREF="http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/trance/13/index.htm">http://tinpan.fortune
        city.com/trance/13/index.htm</A>

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        WILL FOSTER
        A 93 year Sentence Commited to 20 years

        The Story of a Man now in Prison for 93 years
        for growing marijuana to fight his chronic pain condition!

        Also $65,000.00 in Fines and Court Costs!
        This case cost $100,000.00 to defend

        Where is there justice in locking away a family man
        who has tried to do his best all of his life?
        In light of Wills plight and others with the same fate,
        this page is dedicated to William Foster and all others
        unjustly imprisoned for healing themselves with the Herb Cannabis!

        <A
        HREF="http://www.gnv.fdt.net/%7Ejrdawson/willfoster.htm">http://www.gnv.fdt.ne
        t/%7Ejrdawson/willfoster.htm</A>

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        >Welcome to HEMP PAGES.COM!
        >
        >This site was known as HempWorld's Wide Web until I sold the domain name
        >"hempworld.com." That's right, sold. Outta here. It's no longer my HempWorld.
        >In 1993, I started The International Hemp Journal - formerly known as
        >HempWorld- as an industry newletter. It was the first of it's kind in the
        >world! We paved the way for publishing business information about hemp, sans
        >the intoxicating discussion of cannabis. In five years, we managed to publish
        >23 issues of what became a 60 page color quarterly magazine that was a cross
        >between Cannabis Canada and the Wall Street Journal.
        >
        >Now, if you want to read my tirades or read up on old issues of The
        >International Hemp Journal, you'll have to come here to HEMP PAGES dot COM.
        >Don't forget that bookmark!

        Since 1993, The International Hemp Journal, formerly known as HempWorld,
        and Hemp Pages- The Hemp Industry Source Book have been published by Mari
        Kane- HIA Member/CAIR Board of Directors

        Our web site has change to: <A
        HREF="http://www.hemppages.com">http://www.hemppages.com</A>! Email has
        changed to
        <A HREF="mailto:mari@...">mari@...</A>!

        During the month of September you can order one Hemp Pages and get a second
        copy FREE! A $19 value! To order, call: 1-800-649-4421 in the US, or
        707-887-7508 elsewhere.
        Fax orders to: 707-887-7639. Email: <A
        HREF="mailto:mari@...">mari@...</A>. VISA/MC Welcome.
        PO Box 550, Forestville, California 95436 USA

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        Mood For A Day,
        "Utah's Hemp Relegalizers" come check out there web site
        and learn some HEMP FACTS and information you should know

        <A HREF="http://www.xmission.com/~mood">http://www.xmission.com/~mood</A>

        Hemp Power Of Utah
        We are a group of concerned citizens, who see the drug war growing
        into a major Federal war against its own people. We volunteer our time,
        talents and money to end the tyranny of the drug war.

        <A
        HREF="http://www.aros.net/~hempower//utah.html">http://www.aros.net/~hempower/
        /utah.html</A>

        These are Utahs relegalizers, I need yours. Help me to create a complete
        list of relegalizers, for our readers. Thank You brothers and sisters
        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

        Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets 100pgs 24 Hemp Jewelry Patterns
        The best written hemp jewelry knotting guide in the world today.

        <A HREF="http://www.hempmasters.com">http://www.hempmasters.com</A>

        OR purchase from <A
        HREF="http://bn.bfast.com/booklink/click?sourceid=270807&is_search=Y&title=Hem
        p+Masters+Ancient+Hippie+Secrets&match=exact&options=and">barnesandnoble.com
        on sale now</A>

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        GOP attempted to block the Washington D.C. vote count

        KPFK reported this morning that the GOP attempted to block the Washington
        D.C. vote count on its medical marijuana initiative. A federal judge said,
        "no," you can't do that.

        The votes were counted. Roughly 70% of the voters voted for medical
        marijuana. The persistance of ignorance reflected by DemoPublicans, GOP
        specifically, on this issue should give us reflection on the importance of
        education on this issue.

        Commentary: Cannibis, marijuana, is one of earth's miracle plants. It will
        single-handedly (as a techno-fix) resolve many environmental problems, such
        as soil erosion, fiber for paper, and on and on. As a medical aid to end
        suffering, its benefits are well known by those who have used it. Meanwhile,
        thousands suffer because of the status-quo's ignorance.
        Regards,

        Ed Evans
        It's what we learn after we know it all that really counts.

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        "Those who are willing to trade liberty for security, deserve neither."
        Thomas Jefferson.

        "God was the first stoner, that's why he's the most high"!
        Tommy Chong (April 1999)

        "The right to be left alone -- the most comprehensive of rights,
        and the right most valued by a free people."
        - Justice Louis Brandeis, Olmstead v. U.S. (1928).

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        If you would like to read any of the back issues of "The Hemp News"
        You can go to the hemp news archives at:
        <A
        HREF="http://www.myfreeoffice.com/hempmasters//docarea.html">http://www.myfree
        office.com/hempmasters//docarea.html</A>
        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        "The Hemp News' is brought to you by The Hemp Masters Co.
        Just A Couple Of Brothers Helping To Save The Tree's.
        If you know anyone that would like to subscribe to our news letter,
        please feel free to forward this, or have them send
        e-mail to: <A HREF="mailto:TheHempNews@...">Hemp Masters Co.</A>
        (TheHempNews@...) with "subscribe me to:
        The Hemp News" in the subject line. Or go to this address: <A HREF="
        http://www.egroups.com/group/hempmasters">http://www.egroups.com/group/hempmas
        ters</A> and join our mailing list.
      • Robert Johnson
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 8, 2000
          "The Hemp News"
          Brought to you by,
          Hemp Masters Co.
          "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
          By Promoting Hemp Growth In the USA
          www.hempmasters.com

          If you have an article or ad about your site that you would like to
          share
          please send it to me at Rob@hempmasters.c
          om
          I will publish it for free in the next news letter.
          ****
          In this Hempen Issue:

          : Congratulations To Wendell D.
          : All Natural Hemp Shopping Center "Grand Opening"
          : A Time 4 Hemp
          : Moonlit Gatherings:
          : Hemp Clothing Seized in France
          : Art Patch.com
          : Linn Gives Conde's Hemp Fest Thumbs Up
          : Know and Exercise Your Rights & Get A Bust Card

          ****
          Congratulations !!!

          To: Wendell D. From: Ohio
          "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Ohio Has A New Hempster Today"
          Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
          "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
          We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
          Make sure you come back and enter to win for the month of August!!
          Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
          Make sure you tell all your friends to come enter.

          Go to http://www.hempmasters.com
          ****
          All Natural Hemp Shopping Center "Grand Opening"
          Hemp Masters Co. is proud to announce the grand opening
          of our Virtual Hemp Shopping Center. Come see us for all
          your hemp needs, and enter to win an autographed edition of,
          "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets for knotting hip hemp jewelry"

          http://hempmasters.com/store
          ****

          A Time 4 Hemp

          Independently published books seek to educate the public
          about the value of hemp

          with interviews that feature Willie Nelson and Dr. Tim Leary.

          Ever since the marijuana tax law of 1937, hemp has been illegal in
          America. Why would such a miracle plant be outlawed when it was being
          used at the time to make nearly everything from paper and cloth to
          food and fuels? The answer is simple: big business with a lust for
          big money. This is just one of many topics concerning hemp talked
          about in Casper Leitch's two-part book series called, A Time 4 Hemp.

          http://www.time4hemp.com/

          ****
          Moonlit Gatherings:

          An Arizona Lightline that was started a week after the passing
          of our beloved brother "Jerry Garcia" In hopes that you, "Not Fade
          Away."

          We all have our own story to tell about that dreadful summer morning
          when Jerry left us.

          That day changed my life, forever.

          I was awaken by a phone call early in the morning by my sister
          Helen's
          voice on my answering machine. She was speaking real slow with the
          same tone
          she had when she told me of the death of our father a couple years
          before.

          "Jerry's gone... he's gone!!!" I ran to the phone and just listened
          to her.
          Couldn't believe her, didn't want to believe her. I turned on the
          stereo to
          KZON, a local radio station here in the Tempe, Arizona area that most
          of us
          sisters and brothers tuned into. . . .

          For the rest of Sister Sunshine's story go to:
          http:/
          /www.angelfire.com/stars/AzMoonlitGatherings/about.html

          Hemp Masters gives Sister Sunshine's web site five leafs up !! "A
          Must See
          Site"

          ****
          Hemp Clothing Seized in France

          France, July 23, 2000, A shipment of 100% hemp clothing from Crucial
          USA,
          worth $5000, has been seized by French customs in May. The clothes
          were
          ordered by La Maison du Chanvre in Lyon, a nonprofit organization,
          which
          publishes the French hemp journal, Les chos du Chanvre.

          Although Crucial had already shipped clothes to France many times
          before, and
          without any trouble, this time a zealous custom officer at Roissy
          airport in
          Paris "felt obliged" to report to the district attorney that he saw
          the pot
          leaf on the clothes. The reason: article L630 of the French law.

          In France, freedom of expression is restricted by article L630 of the
          Public
          Health Code (part of the law dated Dec. 31, 1970, the cornerstone of
          the
          government's policy on drugs) which condemns the "presentation in a
          favorable
          manner of narcotics." This means that anything seen as instigating
          drug use
          is banned -- such as the cannabis hemp leaf. And according to the
          context,
          government officers decide whether the presentation is incitement or
          not.

          This is not the first time that hemp products face this silly law.
          Two years
          ago the British company The Body Shop had some trouble because of its
          new
          range of hemp cosmetics, featuring the hemp leaf on the packaging.
          But today,
          The Body Shop continues to display and sell these products.

          The law in France is a nonsense when one knows that France is the
          major hemp
          producer in Europe. And there are many hemp museums and companies
          using the
          cannabis hemp leaf as a symbol.

          For further information, please contact
          Les echos du Chanvre: echosduchanvre@a
          ol.com
          Crucial USA: cruciald@...

          ****
          Art Patch.com

          A must see site, if your looking for quality craftsmanship
          Patchwork * Batiks * Ready-made Stuff
          Art Gallery * Hemp * Candles * Herkimer Diamonds
          Patchwork Photos * Tour Photos * Herkimer Diamond Mine Photos
          Current eBay Auctions * Tape Trading List * Link Trades

          artpatch.com

          ****
          LINN GIVES CONDE'S HEMP FEST THUMBS UP

          Marijuana activist Bill Conde announced Wednesday that he'd turned
          over a new
          leaf - and no, it wasn't that kind of leaf.

          Conde has been at odds with Linn County officials in recent years
          over
          drug-related activities during the concerts and festivals he stages
          at his
          redwood lumberyard north of Coburg. Various criminal charges against
          him,
          related to drug use on his property during gatherings in 1998 and
          1999,
          remain unresolved.

          But Conde struck an apparent truce Wednesday when Linn County
          commissioners
          unanimously approved a mass gathering permit for the World Hemp
          Festival
          2000, to be held on Conde's property July 14-16. Conde has not
          sought such a
          permit in the past, but this year he submitted an 82-page application
          that
          won praise from county officials.

          "We're not going to see any charges coming down on me for this
          event," Conde
          said. "I'm protecting myself in every way possible."

          The most notable element in his mass gathering proposal is a pledge
          to hire a
          private security firm to help address the issue of illegal drug use.
          County
          sheriff's officers have reported rampant drug use and open drug sales
          during
          previous events-charges Conde has denied.

          "I've never condoned anyone selling drugs on my property, but I will
          not deny
          it has happened," he said Wednesday. "But you go to any football
          game or any
          other activity where there are that many people and if that's what
          you're
          focusing on, you can find it."
          Go here for the rest of the story:

          http://www.mapinc
          org/drugnews/v00/n914/a03.html2

          ****
          Know and Exercise Your Rights
          (Taken directly from Marijuana.com http://w
          ww.marijuana.com)

          The Fourth Amendment to the Bill of Rights of the United States
          Constitution states:

          The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
          papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,
          shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable
          cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing
          the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

          The Fifth Amendment reads, in part, "No person shall be...compelled
          in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived
          of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...." These
          amendments provide the foundation for the rights that protect all
          US Citizens from intrusive law enforcement practices.

          1. Don't Leave Contraband in Plain View
          Although law enforcement officers must obtain a warrant before they
          can conduct a privacy-invading search, any illicit material that can
          be plainly seen by any person from a nonintrusive vantage point is
          subject to confiscation. An arrest and a valid warrant to search the
          rest of the area is likely to ensue. A "roach" in the ashtray, a pipe
          or baggie on the coffee table, or a joint being smoked in public are
          common mistakes which all too-frequently lead to arrests.

          2. Don't Put Anything Incriminating Into the Trash
          Various courts have ruled that law enforcement officers are allowed
          to rummage through curbside trash bags without a warrant. A few seeds
          or stems can then be used as a basis for obtaining a warrant to
          search the individual's home. In fact, anything discarded into the
          public domain can be picked up by the police and used as evidence.

          3. Never Consent to a Search
          Many individuals arrested on marijuana charges could have avoided
          that arrest by exercising their Fourth Amendment rights. If a law
          enforcement officer asks permission to search, it is usually because:
          (1) there is not enough evidence to obtain a search warrant; or (2)
          the officer does not feel like going through the hassle of obtaining
          a warrant. Law enforcement officers are trained to intimidate people
          into consenting to searches. If an individual does consent, he waives
          his constitutional protection and the officers may search and seize
          items without further authorization. If officers find contraband,
          they will arrest the person.

          If an individual does not consent to a search, the officer must
          either release the person or detain the person and attempt to get a
          warrant. The fact that an individual refuses to consent does not give
          the officer grounds to obtain a warrant. The individual should
          politely say, "I do not consent to a search of my person, belongings,
          home, or vehicle. I retain my Fourth Amendment rights and all other
          rights under the United States Constitution. I will say nothing until
          my attorney is present."

          If the officer conducts a search anyway, without a warrant, any
          contraband will likely be declared invalid evidence by the judge, and
          any charges will probably be dropped. If the officer does attempt to
          obtain a warrant and is successful in doing so, the validity of the
          warrant can still be challenged in court. It is always better to
          refuse to consent to a search.

          4. Don't Answer Questions Without Your Attorney Present
          Whether arrested or not, individuals should always exercise the right
          to remain silent. Anything a person says to law enforcement officers,
          reporters, cell mates, or even their friends can be used as evidence
          against him or her. Individuals have the right to have an attorney
          present during questioning. The right to remain silent should always
          be exercised.

          5. Determining if You Can Leave
          A person may terminate an encounter with officers unless the person
          is being detained under police custody or has been arrested. If the
          person cannot tell whether he or she may leave, the person can ask
          officers, "Am I under arrest or otherwise detained?" If the answer
          is, "No," the person may leave.

          6. Do Not Be Hostile; Do Not Physically Resist
          There are times when individuals politely assert their rights and
          refuse to consent to a search but the officers nonetheless proceed to
          detain, search, or arrest them. In such cases, it is important not to
          physically resist. Rather, the individual might say, "Do what you
          feel you must; I will not physically resist. However, I do not
          consent to this." The individual can later challenge the search in
          court.

          7. Informing on Others
          The police and prosecutors often try to pressure individuals into
          providing information that would lead to the arrest and conviction of
          others. Threats and promises by police and prosecutors should be
          viewed with caution and skepticism. Decisions should only be made
          after consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney and
          examining one's own conscience.

          Finally, consider downloading and carrying the ACLU's "Bustcard"
          http://www.aclu.org/pdf/bustcar
          d.pdf
          -- a quick reference guide to your rights and obligations when you
          are stopped by the police.

          please feel free to forward this, or have them send an
          e-mail to: Hemp Masters Co.
          (TheHempNews@...) with "subscribe me to:
          The Hemp News" in the subject line. Or go to this address:
          http://www.egroups.com/group/hempmas
          ters and join our mailing list.
          The Hemp News is compiled and written by Robert Johnson. Please feel
          free
          to forward this news letter to every one you know.
          Please Do Not SPAM.
        • Robert Johnson
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11, 2000
            "The Hemp News"
            Brought to you by,
            Hemp Masters Co.
            "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
            By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
            www.hempmasters.com

            If you have an article or ad about your site that you would like to
            share
            please send it to me at Rob@...
            I will publish it for free in the next news letter.
            ****
            In this Hempen Issue:

            : Congratulations To: Loronnica.
            : MAKE DECRIMINALIZATION OF MARIJUANA A REALITY.
            : Save and Make Money with our New Hemp Catalog.
            : Utah's First Hemp Festival Becoming A Reality.
            : Nader/Laduke blast DEA proposed hemp food policy, raid in SD.
            : US Department of Justice Letter to DEA.
            : The DEA should get out of regulating hemp agriculture.
            : www.personalchoice.org
            : An Apology for a lost e-mail

            ****
            Congratulations !!!

            To: Laronnica
            "Hemp Hemp Hurray, We Has A New Hempster Today"
            Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
            "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
            We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
            Make sure you come back and enter to win for the month of August!!
            Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
            Make sure you tell all your friends to come enter also.

            Go to http://www.hempmasters.com
            ****
            MAKE DECRIMINALIZATION OF MARIJUANA A REALITY

            A SPECIAL THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOES OUT TO
            Lou Marzulli-Vargas,Chronicle Opinion Columnist,
            for writing the following article.

            This just happen to be my brother and I.
            We set up a booth on main street between
            1st and 2nd south with a very loud and proud
            Tie-dye displaying a Hugh Marijuana Leaf on the back.
            We installed a sign over the leaf that said, "Honk For Hemp"
            and what a response we received. We would like to thank
            Brother F for being our eye's at the event!!!!! Here's the article
            below

            Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:54:37 -0700
            From: "D. Paul Stanford" <stanford@...>
            To: restore@...
            Subject: UT:
            Make Decriminalization Of Marijuana A Reality
            Newshawk: JWhite8055
            Pubdate: Wed, 6 Sep 2000
            Source: Daily Utah Chronicle (UT)
            Copyright: 2000 Daily Utah Chronicle
            Contact: scott@...
            Website: http://www.utahchronicle.com/
            Author: Lou Marzulli-Vargas, Chronicle Opinion Columnist

            MAKE DECRIMINALIZATION OF MARIJUANA A REALITY

            It was Saturday afternoon in downtown Salt Lake City, and the fresh
            air was
            a nice surprise in a place that is usually congested with exhaust
            fumes.
            The warm temperature invited us to walk through the streets.

            Salt Lake turned into a real city for the day. Percussionists played
            their
            drums on the street corner, and people gathered together for once,
            taking
            time away from the busy day to relax.

            Another band played a few blocks down, encouraging the audience to
            participate in their ensemble.

            Vendors lined the street along at least two blocks, tempting passers
            by
            with food, unique crafts and art.

            What brought this all together was the First Annual Salt Lake City
            Music
            Festival. Although closed streets inconvenienced a few motorists, many
            enjoyed a calming afternoon strolling the blocks.

            Walking from vendor to vendor, we found one booth that stood out from
            the
            rest. A tapestry-sized tie dye cloth covered the back of their
            establishment; on the cloth was a giant green marijuana leaf.

            The front of the booth showcased shirts of a similar fashion, and
            inside
            lay an array of products manufactured from hemp. These vendors
            weren't just
            trying to capitalize on potheads who choose to advertise their
            affection
            for marijuana through a clever T-shirt - these guys had an agenda.

            Catch the rest of the story at:
            http://www.utahchronicle.com/sections/opinion/story/090600aaa.html
            ****
            Save and Make Money with our New Hemp Catalog.

            Save 10% to 30% off everything in our catalog.
            We offer only the finest hemp apparel, and accessories.
            Over 220 Chemical free hemppen Items to choice from.

            Go To: http://www.hempmasters.com/store
            and click on the catalog link.

            ****
            Utah's First Hemp Festival Becoming A Reality.

            Hemp Masters Co, Mood For A Day, Hempower of Utah,
            Personalchoice.com, and The T. H. C. Act of Utah (Theraputic Humane
            Cannabis)
            Is proud to present Utah's first Hemp Festival. We are putting
            together
            all the details now for an August 2001 Hemp Festival.

            If your a hemp clothing and accessories vendor, manufacture of fine
            hemp clothing, hemp food vender, professional speaker, ect. . . . .
            We Need You!!!!!

            For more information send e-mail to: utahhempfestival@...
            ****
            Nader/Laduke blast DEA proposed hemp food policy, raid in SD

            DEA reportedly will propose new restrictions on hemp food products,
            ignore plea by farmers and businesses to allow hemp crops in the US

            The rest of the story is at:
            http://www.globalhemp.com/News/2000/September/nader_blast_dea.shtml

            ****
            US Department of Justice Letter to DEA

            US Department of Justice
            Criminal Division
            Washington, DC 20036
            March 23, 2000

            The Honorable Donnie Marshall
            Acting Administrator
            Drug Enforcement Administration
            Washington, DC 20537

            Dear Acting Administrator Marshall:

            You have asked whether we can restrict the importation of products
            that
            contain what is commonly referred to as "hemp." These products have
            been
            routinely imported into the United States for use as birdseed and in
            the
            manufacture of cloth and paper.

            Under the Controlled Substances Act, "The mature stalks of such plant,
            fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of
            such
            plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or
            preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted
            therefrom),
            fiber, oil or cake or the sterilized seed of such plant which is
            incapable
            of germination are exclude from the definition of marihuana.

            Get the rest of the story at:
            http://naihc.org/hemp_policy/justice_to_dea.html

            ****
            The DEA should get out of regulating hemp agriculture.

            By Ralph Nader

            Listen to Ralph Nader's March 3 speech in San Francisco.
            INDUSTRIAL HEMP IS one of the longest and strongest natural fibers in
            the plant kingdom. It is also one of the most versatile plants, with
            approximately 25,000 uses – ranging from paper to textiles to
            cosmetics.

            Once deemed an indispensable commodity in the global market, it was
            replaced by a multitude of synthetic fibers by the mid-1900s, when it
            fell out of favor in the United States because of its relation to
            marijuana. But, while industrial hemp does belong to the same species
            as marijuana, it is a different variety with a very low THC content.
            Smoking hemp will definitely not give you a high, though it will give
            you a headache.

            Get the rest of the story at:
            http://www.sfbg.com/nader/95.html

            ****
            www.personalchoice.org

            A deserved thank you to "Brother F" for all his time and devotion
            to the personalchoice.org site, and the Mood For A Day site.

            Personal Choice means anything you want to choose for yourself -- and
            are willing to let others choose for themselves.

            Coming soon will be an opportunity to visit with Dr. Ken Larsen,
            founder of personalchoice.org

            Dr. Ken Larsen joins Joe Jackson on Salt Lake City's KIQ 1010 radio
            Friday afternoons from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Listen in!

            The Personal Choice Party is emerging as a new political pursuit!

            Families Against Mandatory Minimums believe judges should have more
            choice deciding punishment for crime.

            Therapeutic Humane Cannabis is a Utah petition drive to place the
            issue of compassionate medical cannabis use on the Utah ballot. More
            info coming soon for their 2001 petitioning plans.

            Knowledge is Hempower! Hempower yourself today!

            Another choice worthy of your consideration is the Church of the Hemp
            Goddess.

            Choice hemp products and information brought to you from the Hemp
            Masters!

            Visit with Mood For A Day, a Utah based Hemp Relegalizers since 1988.

            The Fully Informed Jury Association feels jurors should be informed
            of what choices they have available to them when they serve jury
            duty.

            An individual voice on matters of personal choice, among who knows
            what else. At the fweb pages, you just never know what you'll find.

            All this is offered at: www.personalchoice.org

            ****
            An Apology for a lost e-mail

            I had received an e-mail from a sister that was trying to promote her
            new web site. Where sorry to announce that we have lost this e-mail
            with in our e-mail database. If this was you, and you expected to see
            your ad in our news letter, could you please resend your info to us,
            and we would be more than happy to run the ad time around.

            Sincerely,

            Robert Johnson
            rob@...
            hempmasters.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 8, 2000
              "The Hemp News"
              Brought to you by,
              Hemp Masters Co.
              "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
              By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
              www.hempmasters.com

              If you have an article or ad about your site that you would like to
              share
              please send it to me at Rob@...
              I will publish it for free in the next news letter.
              ****
              In this Hempen Issue:

              : Congratulations To: Debbie.
              : Free Web Sites, and now Free E-mail Accounts
              : DEA is proposing to ban certain hemp products.
              : Mrs. Cleaver's Fabulous Monkey Pie
              : Hemp Industries Assoc. Convention Report
              : Whateverhemp.com
              : Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project
              : The Marijuana Legalization Forum by: The Bears Den

              ****
              Congratulations !!!

              To: Debbie From: Ramat Gan, Israel
              "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Israel Has A New Hempster Today"
              Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
              "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
              We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
              Make sure you come back and enter to win for the month of October!!
              Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
              Make sure you tell all your friends to come enter also.

              Go to http://www.hempmasters.com
              ****
              Free Web Sites, and now Free E-mail Accounts

              Hemp Masters Co. Your Virtual Hemp Connection
              now has free web sites, and free e-mail accounts.
              Come see us and get registered today.

              The Head Shop is now open at hempmasters.com
              We carry detoxifying products, tie-dyes, tapestries, candles,
              gunny sacks, and much much more. . . .

              http://www.hempmasters.com
              ****
              DEA is proposing to ban certain hemp products.

              Have you heard that the DEA is proposing
              to ban certain hemp products in the
              United States?
              The DEA and the drug czar claim that
              hemp products are "confounding our
              federal drug control testing program."
              They are claiming that the use of hemp
              products can cause people to test
              positive for marijuana, even if they
              have not used marijuana. This, the DEA
              argues, undermines the government's
              ability to hunt down marijuana users.
              If you've already heard enough,
              to make your voice heard.

              please visit http://www.SaveHemp.org

              ****
              Mrs. Cleaver's Fabulous Monkey Pie

              Your One-Stop Internet Shop for
              all kine things Weirdly Wonderful.
              Coloradoans, PLEASE GET REGISTERED
              AND VOTE YES ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
              In the meantime, visit http://www.monkeypie.com
              for a dose of HILARITY, HUMOR, INFORMATION
              and FINE HANDMADE HEMP TREATS.

              http://www.monkeypie.com

              ****
              Hemp Industries Assoc. Convention Report

              Under the Maple Trees — Nestled in a Hockley Valley ecology
              retreat near Toronto, the Hemp Industries Association held
              their seventh annual convention among the maple and aspen
              trees. This year's gathering saw 35-55 attendees which allowed
              for intimate meetings and planning sessions.

              After Friday night's dinner, members were formally welcomed
              by RCMP Corp. Col. Jacques Dopray (Larry Duprey) appearing
              in a double breasted suit, as opposed to the RCMP uniform
              we saw last year, who informed us that as a result of his
              promotion to a desk job, part of his new duties was to check
              and observe the THC content in hemp foods being served.
              He did his job admirably.
              Go here for the rest of the story.
              http://www.globalhemp.com/News/2000/October/hia_convention_2000.shtml

              ****
              Whateverhemp.com

              We have hemp! See our collection of handmade hemp
              purses and bags, hemp oil soap, crocheted hemp hats
              and no-two-alike hemp macrame jewelry. We also
              carry commercially made hats and ballcaps
              (with embroidery by Great American Hemp), gloves,
              cosmetics, clothes, footwear, wallets, paper, footbags,
              flying discs and twine in natural and colors. Our grassroots
              models page features ordinary folks wearing their favorite
              hemp things. (Send us your photo and we will publish it on the
              site.)
              Currently posted are some pics from Seattle Hempfest 2000.
              We are working at home to supply your hemp needs.
              Please support this and other home businesses.
              Viable home businesses can make a way for parents and
              grandparents to be at home with the little ones and
              reduce the use of petroleum for commuting. Help us
              save the planet and promote a saner life by
              buying from home businesses!

              http://www.Whateverhemp.com

              ****
              Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project

              1999 COMPARISON OF INDUSTRIAL HEMP GRAIN
              COMPOSITION FOR OIL, PROTEIN, FIBER, ESSENTIAL
              AMINO ACIDS AND FATTY ACIDS FROM ACROSS NORTHERN ONTARIO

              The 1999 Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project
              was the largest and most comprehensive in Canada. It
              consisted of agronomic evaluations of variety performance
              for grain production, effect of nitrogen fertility, time of seeding
              and harvest on yield and grain composition for oil, protein
              and fiber, essential amino acid composition in industrial hemp
              seed meal and essential fatty acid composition in industrial
              hemp oil. A total of 5 Industrial hemp research licenses and
              2 commercial cultivation licenses were obtained from Health
              for grain. . .

              If you've ever wanted to know the details about hemp and it's
              properties
              then this is the site for you. To get the rest of the information go
              here:

              http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/crops
              /hort/hemp/info_hempcomparison1999.htm
              The Marijuana Legalization Forum by: The Bears Den

              You will find a lot of information here about the issues
              of medical marijuana, legalization in general, and the
              wonders of hemp (not pot), a plant that could help to
              restore our planets ecological balance. We will also
              be discussing health issues in general and alternative
              treatments and healing. If you come with an open mind
              and heart there is much to be learned here, and I'm
              sure that we can all learn much from each other.

              The Marijuana Legalization Forum
              http://www.delphi.com/legalizeitnow
              The Bears Den
              http://www.delphi.com/hairofthebear
              Sign Up For The Bears Den Newsletter
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
                "The Hemp News"
                Brought to you by,
                Hemp Masters Co.
                "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
                By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
                www.hempmasters.com

                If you have an article or ad about your site that you would
                like to share, then send it to me at Rob@...
                We will publish your article for free in the next news letter.

                Attention All Members.

                All members of "The Hemp News" e-mail list have the right
                to send out their own advertisments to the rest of the members
                on this list. Hemp & Marijuana Issues, and products only, no get
                rich scams, and no porno related material, thats all we ask.

                Send your ads to: thehempnews@...,

                Please limit your advertising to once a week.

                Thank You.
                Robert Johnson
                Editor / Owner / Webmaster
                www.hempmasters.com

                In this Hempen Issue:

                : Hemp Jewelry Knotting Guide Winner.
                : Hemp Club & Web Ring At YAHOO.
                : Richard Rose, "Chief Hemp Nut."
                : Hemp Masters Co. Launch Affiliate Program.
                : Hemp Ale Is Smoking On The Rock.
                : Utah Hemp Festival Update.
                : Ballot Measures Allow Some Pot Use.
                : Popular Mechanics magazine, Feb. 1938.

                Hemp Jewelry Knotting Guide Winner

                Congratulations to Beth from Florida
                "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Florida Has A New Hempster Today"
                Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
                "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
                We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
                Make sure you come back and enter to win each month !!
                Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
                Make sure to tell all your friends to come enter also.

                Go to: http://www.hempmasters.com

                Come Join Our Hemp Club At YAHOO

                An open invitation to join our hemp club.
                Feel free (which I hope you all do) to
                leave messeges for everyone to read.

                Come see us at:

                http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hemp

                Come Join the Hemp Web Ring At YAHOO

                Come join the Hemp Web Ring, and get some exposure
                for your web site.

                Come see us at:

                http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=hemp&list

                Richard Rose, "Chief Hemp Nut"

                Richard Rose is founder and president of Rella Good Cheese
                Company (formerly known as Sharon's Finest), a food product
                development and marketing firm located in Santa Rosa California,
                since 1986. He is also founder, president, and "Chief Hemp Nut"
                of HempNut, Inc., the leading food company specializing in
                researching, developing and marketing hempseed foods since 1994.

                Richard is the founder of the Hemp Food Association, co-Chair
                of the Food and Oil Council and past Director and Treasurer of
                the Hemp Industries Association, and is a member of the
                International Hemp Association, the North American Industrial
                Hemp Council, Social Venture Network, Provender Alliance,
                and the Institute of Food Technologists.

                Richard gets a green thumb up. (o:
                Go read the rest of the Bio at:

                http://www.thehempnut.com/bio.html

                Hemp Masters Co. Launch Affiliate Program

                Hemp Masters Co. Officially launched their free affiliation program
                last week. Anyone that has a hemp/marijuana related web site
                can now offer the finest, chemical free, Romanian Hemp Industries
                products. Earn a generous 10% of all sales from your site.

                http://hempmasters.com/freefiliate.html

                Hemp Ale Is Smoking On The Rock

                Author: Chris Flanagan, The (St. John's) Telegram

                ST. JOHN'S - Two months after winning the battle to sell its
                controversial hemp ale in Newfoundland, Storm Brewing Ltd.
                has a much less inclement problem to weather: keeping up
                with a flurry of demand.

                Hemp Ale is selling at about double the rate of Storm Brewing's
                other brands, Killick, Kyle and Baccalieu Light ales, new
                company president and chief ale officer Michael McBride said
                from the brewery in the St. John's suburb of Mount Pearl.
                A third batch has been brewed and is about to hit store shelves,
                many of which had been cleaned out by thirsty hemp-seekers.

                To read the rest of the story go to:

                http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99.n788.a02.html

                Utah Hemp Festival Update
                Location: Utah State Fair Park, SLC.
                July 28th & 29th, 2001

                We are planing a two day, non-violent, peaceful protest against
                the unlawful tactics that are enforced on the Hemp Plant. We
                intend to educate the general public about the use's the
                Hemp Plant has to offer to the human race, as well as the economy
                in Utah. We will host industrial and medicinal hemp petition booths
                gathering signatures, a hemp vendors village, 2 stages with over
                30 bands, guest speakers, hemp fashion shows,
                and many other happenings through out the two day rally.

                For more information go to:

                www.utahhempfestival.com

                BALLOT MEASURES ALLOW SOME POT USE

                Newshawk: AMMA
                Pubdate: Wed, 08 Nov 2000
                Source: Associated Press
                Copyright: 2000 Associated Press

                (AP) State and federal laws against marijuana didn't stop a number
                of states from voting to permit its use under certain circumstances.
                But Alaska turned down the chance to make the drug completely legal.

                In Mendocino County, Calif., 115 miles north of San Francisco, voters
                approved a measure that would allow residents to grow up to 25 pot
                plants apiece. The measure faced no organized opposition. The
                county would still prohibit the sale or transportation of the drug,
                but
                busting small-time growers and smokers would, officially, remain a
                low priority for the sheriff.

                To read the rest of the story go to:

                http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00/n1677/a09.html?190

                New Billion-Dollar Crop, Popular Mechanics magazine, Feb. 1938

                This is an interesting historical article.
                Thought you all might enjoy a little history

                American farmers are promised a new cash crop with an annual
                value of several hundred million dollars, all because a machine
                has been invented that solves a problem more than 6,000 years old.
                It is hemp, a crop that will not compete with other American
                products.
                Instead, it will displace imports of raw material and manufactured
                products produced by underpaid coolie and peasant labor and it
                will provide thousands of jobs for American workers throughout the
                land.

                To read the rest of the story go to:

                http://homearts.com/pm/futrpast/38hempf1.htm

                please feel free to forward this, or have them send an
                e-mail to: subscribe@...

                The Hemp News is compiled and written by Robert Johnson.
                Please feel free to forward The Hemp News to everyone you know.
                Please Do Not SPAM.
              • Max Lunger & Robert Johnson
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 8, 2001
                  "The Hemp News"
                  Brought to you by,
                  Hemp Masters Co.
                  "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
                  By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
                  www.hempmasters.com

                  If you have an article or ad that you would like to share,
                  then send it to me at Rob@...
                  We will publish your article for free in the next news letter.

                  apologize for not getting the winners out sooner, and The Hemp News.
                  We are up and running again and will continue our monthly news
                  letters, contest, and running your ads and articles.

                  All members of "The Hemp News" e-mail list may
                  send out their own news articles to the rest of the members
                  on this list. Hemp & Marijuana Issues, and related products only,
                  no get rich scams or porno related material, that's all we ask.

                  Send your ads to: thehempnews@...,

                  Please limit your articles and advertising to once a week.

                  Thank You.
                  Robert Johnson
                  Editor / Owner / Webmaster
                  www.hempmasters.com

                  ****

                  In this Hempen Issue:

                  : Hemp Masters Co. Contest Winners.
                  : Hemp Clubs & Web Rings At hempmasters.com.
                  : The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis (THC) Act
                  : legalization of Industrial Hemp In Utah Petition

                  ****
                  Hemp Masters Co. Contest Winners.

                  Congratulations to Adam P from Utah!
                  &
                  Congratulations to Kathy D from Oregon!

                  "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Utah and Oregon Have New Hempsters Today"
                  Your the Winners of an Autographed Edition of:
                  "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
                  We would like to thank everyone who entered our contest !!
                  Make sure you come back and enter to win each month !!
                  Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
                  Make sure to tell all your friends to come enter also.

                  Go to: http://www.hempmasters.com/contest.htm

                  ****

                  Hemp and other Clubs At hempmasters.com

                  An open invitation to join our clubs.
                  Feel free (which I hope you all do) to
                  leave messages for everyone to read.

                  Come see us at:

                  http://hempmasters.com/hempclubs.htm

                  Come Join our Hemp Web Ring

                  Come join our Hemp Web Ring! Plus other hemp,
                  marijuana, and related Web Rings on the net.

                  Come see at:

                  http://hempmasters.com/webrings.htm

                  ****
                  The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis (THC) Act

                  The folks at thc2002.org launched their official web site the 1st of
                  February.
                  The THC Act of Utah needs your support. They are looking for sponsors
                  and
                  donations in order to conduct a petition drive in Utah.

                  A Utah Initiative Petition Drive presented by
                  The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis Political Issues Committee

                  The Utah State Code shall be amended to include the following:

                  Be it enacted by the people of Utah:

                  1. Any previous law notwithstanding, licensed medical practitioners
                  with authority to issue pharmaceutical prescriptions shall not be
                  prosecuted for issuing prescriptions for Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
                  or any other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance for
                  medical use.

                  2. Any previous law notwithstanding, persons with current medical
                  prescriptions from a licensed medical practitioner for THC or any
                  other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance for medical
                  use, shall not be prosecuted for possession or personal use of any
                  amount of THC or other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing
                  substance.

                  3. Any previous law notwithstanding, no person shall be prosecuted
                  for producing, possessing or distributing solely to persons with
                  current medical prescriptions for the same, any amount of THC or
                  other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance.

                  Come support the cause: http://www.thc2002.org/

                  ****

                  legalization of Industrial Hemp In Utah Petition

                  THE PETITION

                  To raise awareness, and bring the industrial hemp issue to the voters
                  booth.

                  DESIRED OUTCOME

                  Educate the general public about the unlawful tactics that are
                  enforced on the Hemp Plant, and the 25,000 plus uses that the Hemp
                  Plant has to offer to the human race, as well as the economy in Utah.
                  Most of all to bring legalization of the Hemp Industry back to Utah.

                  WHO WE NEED TO INFLUENCE

                  All Utah State officials, and representatives. The DEA, who can't
                  seem to tell the two plants apart. All public servants, and anyone
                  else we can reach out and touch with our cause.

                  Come sign our petition:
                  http://www.ethical-business.com/petitions.asp?pet_id=49