"The Hemp News"

  • Robert Johnson
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2000
      "The Hemp News"
      Brought to you by,
      Hemp Masters Co.
      "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
      By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
      www.hempmasters.com

      If you have an article or ad about your site that you would like to
      share
      please send it to me at Rob@...
      I will publish it for free in the next news letter.
      ****
      In this Hempen Issue:

      : Congratulations To: Debbie.
      : Free Web Sites, and now Free E-mail Accounts
      : DEA is proposing to ban certain hemp products.
      : Mrs. Cleaver's Fabulous Monkey Pie
      : Hemp Industries Assoc. Convention Report
      : Whateverhemp.com
      : Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project
      : The Marijuana Legalization Forum by: The Bears Den

      ****
      Congratulations !!!

      To: Debbie From: Ramat Gan, Israel
      "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Israel Has A New Hempster Today"
      Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
      "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
      We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
      Make sure you come back and enter to win for the month of October!!
      Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
      Make sure you tell all your friends to come enter also.

      Go to http://www.hempmasters.com
      ****
      Free Web Sites, and now Free E-mail Accounts

      Hemp Masters Co. Your Virtual Hemp Connection
      now has free web sites, and free e-mail accounts.
      Come see us and get registered today.

      The Head Shop is now open at hempmasters.com
      We carry detoxifying products, tie-dyes, tapestries, candles,
      gunny sacks, and much much more. . . .

      http://www.hempmasters.com
      ****
      DEA is proposing to ban certain hemp products.

      Have you heard that the DEA is proposing
      to ban certain hemp products in the
      United States?
      The DEA and the drug czar claim that
      hemp products are "confounding our
      federal drug control testing program."
      They are claiming that the use of hemp
      products can cause people to test
      positive for marijuana, even if they
      have not used marijuana. This, the DEA
      argues, undermines the government's
      ability to hunt down marijuana users.
      If you've already heard enough,
      to make your voice heard.

      please visit http://www.SaveHemp.org

      ****
      Mrs. Cleaver's Fabulous Monkey Pie

      Your One-Stop Internet Shop for
      all kine things Weirdly Wonderful.
      Coloradoans, PLEASE GET REGISTERED
      AND VOTE YES ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
      In the meantime, visit http://www.monkeypie.com
      for a dose of HILARITY, HUMOR, INFORMATION
      and FINE HANDMADE HEMP TREATS.

      http://www.monkeypie.com

      ****
      Hemp Industries Assoc. Convention Report

      Under the Maple Trees — Nestled in a Hockley Valley ecology
      retreat near Toronto, the Hemp Industries Association held
      their seventh annual convention among the maple and aspen
      trees. This year's gathering saw 35-55 attendees which allowed
      for intimate meetings and planning sessions.

      After Friday night's dinner, members were formally welcomed
      by RCMP Corp. Col. Jacques Dopray (Larry Duprey) appearing
      in a double breasted suit, as opposed to the RCMP uniform
      we saw last year, who informed us that as a result of his
      promotion to a desk job, part of his new duties was to check
      and observe the THC content in hemp foods being served.
      He did his job admirably.
      Go here for the rest of the story.
      http://www.globalhemp.com/News/2000/October/hia_convention_2000.shtml

      ****
      Whateverhemp.com

      We have hemp! See our collection of handmade hemp
      purses and bags, hemp oil soap, crocheted hemp hats
      and no-two-alike hemp macrame jewelry. We also
      carry commercially made hats and ballcaps
      (with embroidery by Great American Hemp), gloves,
      cosmetics, clothes, footwear, wallets, paper, footbags,
      flying discs and twine in natural and colors. Our grassroots
      models page features ordinary folks wearing their favorite
      hemp things. (Send us your photo and we will publish it on the
      site.)
      Currently posted are some pics from Seattle Hempfest 2000.
      We are working at home to supply your hemp needs.
      Please support this and other home businesses.
      Viable home businesses can make a way for parents and
      grandparents to be at home with the little ones and
      reduce the use of petroleum for commuting. Help us
      save the planet and promote a saner life by
      buying from home businesses!

      http://www.Whateverhemp.com

      ****
      Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project

      1999 COMPARISON OF INDUSTRIAL HEMP GRAIN
      COMPOSITION FOR OIL, PROTEIN, FIBER, ESSENTIAL
      AMINO ACIDS AND FATTY ACIDS FROM ACROSS NORTHERN ONTARIO

      The 1999 Northern Ontario Industrial Hemp research project
      was the largest and most comprehensive in Canada. It
      consisted of agronomic evaluations of variety performance
      for grain production, effect of nitrogen fertility, time of seeding
      and harvest on yield and grain composition for oil, protein
      and fiber, essential amino acid composition in industrial hemp
      seed meal and essential fatty acid composition in industrial
      hemp oil. A total of 5 Industrial hemp research licenses and
      2 commercial cultivation licenses were obtained from Health
      for grain. . .

      If you've ever wanted to know the details about hemp and it's
      properties
      then this is the site for you. To get the rest of the information go
      here:

      http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/crops
      /hort/hemp/info_hempcomparison1999.htm
      The Marijuana Legalization Forum by: The Bears Den

      You will find a lot of information here about the issues
      of medical marijuana, legalization in general, and the
      wonders of hemp (not pot), a plant that could help to
      restore our planets ecological balance. We will also
      be discussing health issues in general and alternative
      treatments and healing. If you come with an open mind
      and heart there is much to be learned here, and I'm
      sure that we can all learn much from each other.

      The Marijuana Legalization Forum
      http://www.delphi.com/legalizeitnow
      The Bears Den
      http://www.delphi.com/hairofthebear
      Sign Up For The Bears Den Newsletter
      http://www.delphi.com/hairofthebear
      please feel free to forward this, or have them send an
      e-mail to: Hemp Masters Co.
      (TheHempNews@...) with "subscribe me to:
      "The Hemp News" in the subject line. Or go to this address:
      The Hemp News is compiled and written by Robert Johnson. Please feel
      free
      to forward this news letter to every one you know.
      Please Do Not SPAM.
    • Robert Johnson
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
        "The Hemp News"
        Brought to you by,
        Hemp Masters Co.
        "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
        By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
        www.hempmasters.com

        If you have an article or ad about your site that you would
        like to share, then send it to me at Rob@...
        We will publish your article for free in the next news letter.

        Attention All Members.

        All members of "The Hemp News" e-mail list have the right
        to send out their own advertisments to the rest of the members
        on this list. Hemp & Marijuana Issues, and products only, no get
        rich scams, and no porno related material, thats all we ask.

        Send your ads to: thehempnews@...,

        Please limit your advertising to once a week.

        Thank You.
        Robert Johnson
        Editor / Owner / Webmaster
        www.hempmasters.com

        In this Hempen Issue:

        : Hemp Jewelry Knotting Guide Winner.
        : Hemp Club & Web Ring At YAHOO.
        : Richard Rose, "Chief Hemp Nut."
        : Hemp Masters Co. Launch Affiliate Program.
        : Hemp Ale Is Smoking On The Rock.
        : Utah Hemp Festival Update.
        : Ballot Measures Allow Some Pot Use.
        : Popular Mechanics magazine, Feb. 1938.

        Hemp Jewelry Knotting Guide Winner

        Congratulations to Beth from Florida
        "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Florida Has A New Hempster Today"
        Your the Winner of an Autographed Edition of:
        "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
        We would like to thank every one who entered our contest !!
        Make sure you come back and enter to win each month !!
        Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
        Make sure to tell all your friends to come enter also.

        Go to: http://www.hempmasters.com

        Come Join Our Hemp Club At YAHOO

        An open invitation to join our hemp club.
        Feel free (which I hope you all do) to
        leave messeges for everyone to read.

        Come see us at:

        http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hemp

        Come Join the Hemp Web Ring At YAHOO

        Come join the Hemp Web Ring, and get some exposure
        for your web site.

        Come see us at:

        http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=hemp&list

        Richard Rose, "Chief Hemp Nut"

        Richard Rose is founder and president of Rella Good Cheese
        Company (formerly known as Sharon's Finest), a food product
        development and marketing firm located in Santa Rosa California,
        since 1986. He is also founder, president, and "Chief Hemp Nut"
        of HempNut, Inc., the leading food company specializing in
        researching, developing and marketing hempseed foods since 1994.

        Richard is the founder of the Hemp Food Association, co-Chair
        of the Food and Oil Council and past Director and Treasurer of
        the Hemp Industries Association, and is a member of the
        International Hemp Association, the North American Industrial
        Hemp Council, Social Venture Network, Provender Alliance,
        and the Institute of Food Technologists.

        Richard gets a green thumb up. (o:
        Go read the rest of the Bio at:

        http://www.thehempnut.com/bio.html

        Hemp Masters Co. Launch Affiliate Program

        Hemp Masters Co. Officially launched their free affiliation program
        last week. Anyone that has a hemp/marijuana related web site
        can now offer the finest, chemical free, Romanian Hemp Industries
        products. Earn a generous 10% of all sales from your site.

        http://hempmasters.com/freefiliate.html

        Hemp Ale Is Smoking On The Rock

        Author: Chris Flanagan, The (St. John's) Telegram

        ST. JOHN'S - Two months after winning the battle to sell its
        controversial hemp ale in Newfoundland, Storm Brewing Ltd.
        has a much less inclement problem to weather: keeping up
        with a flurry of demand.

        Hemp Ale is selling at about double the rate of Storm Brewing's
        other brands, Killick, Kyle and Baccalieu Light ales, new
        company president and chief ale officer Michael McBride said
        from the brewery in the St. John's suburb of Mount Pearl.
        A third batch has been brewed and is about to hit store shelves,
        many of which had been cleaned out by thirsty hemp-seekers.

        To read the rest of the story go to:

        http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99.n788.a02.html

        Utah Hemp Festival Update
        Location: Utah State Fair Park, SLC.
        July 28th & 29th, 2001

        We are planing a two day, non-violent, peaceful protest against
        the unlawful tactics that are enforced on the Hemp Plant. We
        intend to educate the general public about the use's the
        Hemp Plant has to offer to the human race, as well as the economy
        in Utah. We will host industrial and medicinal hemp petition booths
        gathering signatures, a hemp vendors village, 2 stages with over
        30 bands, guest speakers, hemp fashion shows,
        and many other happenings through out the two day rally.

        For more information go to:

        www.utahhempfestival.com

        BALLOT MEASURES ALLOW SOME POT USE

        Newshawk: AMMA
        Pubdate: Wed, 08 Nov 2000
        Source: Associated Press
        Copyright: 2000 Associated Press

        (AP) State and federal laws against marijuana didn't stop a number
        of states from voting to permit its use under certain circumstances.
        But Alaska turned down the chance to make the drug completely legal.

        In Mendocino County, Calif., 115 miles north of San Francisco, voters
        approved a measure that would allow residents to grow up to 25 pot
        plants apiece. The measure faced no organized opposition. The
        county would still prohibit the sale or transportation of the drug,
        but
        busting small-time growers and smokers would, officially, remain a
        low priority for the sheriff.

        To read the rest of the story go to:

        http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00/n1677/a09.html?190

        New Billion-Dollar Crop, Popular Mechanics magazine, Feb. 1938

        This is an interesting historical article.
        Thought you all might enjoy a little history

        American farmers are promised a new cash crop with an annual
        value of several hundred million dollars, all because a machine
        has been invented that solves a problem more than 6,000 years old.
        It is hemp, a crop that will not compete with other American
        products.
        Instead, it will displace imports of raw material and manufactured
        products produced by underpaid coolie and peasant labor and it
        will provide thousands of jobs for American workers throughout the
        land.

        To read the rest of the story go to:

        http://homearts.com/pm/futrpast/38hempf1.htm

        please feel free to forward this, or have them send an
        e-mail to: subscribe@...

        The Hemp News is compiled and written by Robert Johnson.
        Please feel free to forward The Hemp News to everyone you know.
        Please Do Not SPAM.
      • Max Lunger & Robert Johnson
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 8 10:56 AM
          "The Hemp News"
          Brought to you by,
          Hemp Masters Co.
          "Just A Couple Of Brothers Doing Our Part To Save The Planet"
          By Purchasing And Promoting Hemp Products In the USA
          www.hempmasters.com

          If you have an article or ad that you would like to share,
          then send it to me at Rob@...
          We will publish your article for free in the next news letter.

          apologize for not getting the winners out sooner, and The Hemp News.
          We are up and running again and will continue our monthly news
          letters, contest, and running your ads and articles.

          All members of "The Hemp News" e-mail list may
          send out their own news articles to the rest of the members
          on this list. Hemp & Marijuana Issues, and related products only,
          no get rich scams or porno related material, that's all we ask.

          Send your ads to: thehempnews@...,

          Please limit your articles and advertising to once a week.

          Thank You.
          Robert Johnson
          Editor / Owner / Webmaster
          www.hempmasters.com

          ****

          In this Hempen Issue:

          : Hemp Masters Co. Contest Winners.
          : Hemp Clubs & Web Rings At hempmasters.com.
          : The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis (THC) Act
          : legalization of Industrial Hemp In Utah Petition

          ****
          Hemp Masters Co. Contest Winners.

          Congratulations to Adam P from Utah!
          &
          Congratulations to Kathy D from Oregon!

          "Hemp Hemp Hurray, Utah and Oregon Have New Hempsters Today"
          Your the Winners of an Autographed Edition of:
          "Hemp Masters Ancient Hippie Secrets"
          We would like to thank everyone who entered our contest !!
          Make sure you come back and enter to win each month !!
          Remember you may enter as many times as you would like.
          Make sure to tell all your friends to come enter also.

          Go to: http://www.hempmasters.com/contest.htm

          ****

          Hemp and other Clubs At hempmasters.com

          An open invitation to join our clubs.
          Feel free (which I hope you all do) to
          leave messages for everyone to read.

          Come see us at:

          http://hempmasters.com/hempclubs.htm

          Come Join our Hemp Web Ring

          Come join our Hemp Web Ring! Plus other hemp,
          marijuana, and related Web Rings on the net.

          Come see at:

          http://hempmasters.com/webrings.htm

          ****
          The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis (THC) Act

          The folks at thc2002.org launched their official web site the 1st of
          February.
          The THC Act of Utah needs your support. They are looking for sponsors
          and
          donations in order to conduct a petition drive in Utah.

          A Utah Initiative Petition Drive presented by
          The Utah Therapeutic Humane Cannabis Political Issues Committee

          The Utah State Code shall be amended to include the following:

          Be it enacted by the people of Utah:

          1. Any previous law notwithstanding, licensed medical practitioners
          with authority to issue pharmaceutical prescriptions shall not be
          prosecuted for issuing prescriptions for Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
          or any other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance for
          medical use.

          2. Any previous law notwithstanding, persons with current medical
          prescriptions from a licensed medical practitioner for THC or any
          other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance for medical
          use, shall not be prosecuted for possession or personal use of any
          amount of THC or other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing
          substance.

          3. Any previous law notwithstanding, no person shall be prosecuted
          for producing, possessing or distributing solely to persons with
          current medical prescriptions for the same, any amount of THC or
          other cannabinoid or cannabinoid-containing substance.

          Come support the cause: http://www.thc2002.org/

          ****

          legalization of Industrial Hemp In Utah Petition

          THE PETITION

          To raise awareness, and bring the industrial hemp issue to the voters
          booth.

          DESIRED OUTCOME

          Educate the general public about the unlawful tactics that are
          enforced on the Hemp Plant, and the 25,000 plus uses that the Hemp
          Plant has to offer to the human race, as well as the economy in Utah.
          Most of all to bring legalization of the Hemp Industry back to Utah.

          WHO WE NEED TO INFLUENCE

          All Utah State officials, and representatives. The DEA, who can't
          seem to tell the two plants apart. All public servants, and anyone
          else we can reach out and touch with our cause.

          Come sign our petition:
          http://www.ethical-business.com/petitions.asp?pet_id=49