New Music

  • Elizabeth Menetrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      Every Friday I look through all the new CD's that have been mailed to the
      station. We get lots of new music every week and new CD's are put down in
      the air room once a week (Wednesday mornings)

      PLEASE look through them and make an effort to play at least one new track
      on each show you do. Give these new releases a chance before they disappear
      into the stacks.

      Also if you like something- let me know. The record companies ask ALL THE
      TIME about how their releases are doing and if you don't put it on the list
      up on the wall above the new CD section, I can't tell them much, unless I
      love it myself.

      Some stuff is very hard to catagorize. I just got a CD that mixes jazz and
      classcial. Many artists mix folk,rock, blues , etc...
      If you hear something and think it's in the wrong category. Put it in my
      box with a note and I'll change it if need be.
      If you have good ideas for new sub-catagories let me know too.
      I have added Folk/Rock and R&B/Soul...
      Other ideas???

      Have a good holiday.
      Elizabeth

      P.S. Thanks to everyone who worked extra hard to help with the pledge
      drive. We made over 40,000 dollars. As Mr. Burns would say, "Excellent".
    • ben & Sunny Hunt
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2005
        As you know, I don't use CDs from the station because there is no
        check-out system for our library. I often see materials I'd like to
        incorporate into my show, but I plan out my show ahead of time, which
        means I need access to a disc and a knowledge that it will be there when
        I arrive to do my show.

        ben