Re: [KMUN] Joanne's nationally broadcast Bar Pilots story

  • Carlton Bear
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      Opinions are like this one....

      Everybody has one!

      Me too...

      I can't figure how someone can think that one serial event interferes with another. Ship reports, interviews and other programs are not transmitted simultaneously or in place of other news programs.
      Where was he when Rideout was reporting daily on your highway battles, election backgrounds and results, hood to coast announcements, tsunami alerts etcetera....?
      If he is really interested in his own news...he'd be listening to KMUN more and paying attention to the in depth reporting peculiar to those communities he listed.
      In fact.... he must know that there are other stations in his area...they also broadcast news..... try to find the same individually reported news as KMUN produces it.
      Also.... where was he when Jum Wilkins interviewed his mayors, city managers, DOT and others when his major highway change decisions were being made?
      Has he listened to the LNG interviews and reports done by KMUN? Jim Wilkins and Joanne Rideout did them. Or is he not interested in one of the biggest news events happening in Warrenton today?
      Want more?!
      I suggest he turn radio on and pay attention. If he doesn't have a copy of our newspaper "Current" he could give us a call at (503)325 0010 and we'll send one to him.... that way, he'd know when to tune in for those items in which he might be interested...
      If he gets up early enough.... he might want to listen to some of our classic music... it might change hisr attitude as well as prepare him for the news.

      Carlton Bear

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
        Hey Joanne:

        Congratulations on your first piece to air on NPR. It's a beautifully
        produced bit of unique Americana that I feel lucky to see from my window every day
        and to gain a better understanding from your regular reporting. I know you've
        been working hard to manage the timing and content of your beloved river
        stories, and I appreciate that too. Certainly this particular piece proves the
        value of that attention.

        Your reporting is a public service, and I thank you for it. All of it. Each
        and every day.

        Cheers!
        Cindy Price