Re: [KMUN] we're not Jeff Gannon

  • LisaCapSmith@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      The level of vitriol and sarcasm in the message below is, at the very least, counterproductive -- sent by folks who have a history of judging others in a mean-spirited, counterproductive manner.

      Yes, a KMUN community forum is important, and this listserv seems like a good place for discussions of station issues.  But - at least as far as I'm concerned - courtesy, respect, and a sincere interest in problem-solving should serve as fundamental rules of discourse.

      In terms of addressing problems and grievances concerning KMUN/KTCB, why not have an in-person chat with Dave Hammock?  Seems like a no-brainer.  Dave is accessible, intelligent, professional, dedicated, reasonable, and understanding.  He is also the station manager.   The next step, if necessary, would be to get on the agenda of the monthly meeting of the Tillicum Foundation board for a more inclusive discussion.

      By the way, so happy to hear from Jeremy that the station already has a cd burner...

      Wishes for peace, love, understanding, and generosity,
      Lisa

      In a message dated 2/28/2005 1:21:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, "becky and kevin" <ravenradio@...> writes:

      >Sorry to offend the gentle souls in this group.
      >However, the fact is, kmun needs a sounding board and to many this forum appears to be the only source.
      >If the Current were more frequent, as in current, or if Undercurrent was employed on a more regular basis, and if programmer and volunteer meetings occurred with any type of frequency,  perhaps silly  and desperate discourse  on this list would be unnecesary and its function could remain pure in the eyes of those who want to keep it pristine, for whatever function one can only imagine.
      >Another very serious issue is that of addressing problems and grievances.  Pot shots aside, just what is the  correct chain of command  at kmun when a volunteer or programmer needs a forum and none appears to exist.  Who, exactly, handles staff  human resource issues, and who handles volunteer  grievance issues? Is there a designated board member or board committee?
      >If you don't think this is a problem, consider  how many prior volunteers have  left the system because they felt they were not heard, not respected, or just gave up trying.
      >Think about it.
      >
      >Kevin and Becky
      >PS- We'll make room for more of a life if some of you get a sense of humor; deal?

      >Check out our    www.kmun.org/calendar
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ben & Sunny Hunt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2005
        Now I see what you're talking about, and I agree, there should be a
        fair, prompt, obvious way to deal with grievances around KMUN.
        Let me say, as the facilitator of the Guidelines committee, that our
        group is always open and anxious to have visitors, and to listen to and
        discuss whatever problems they are having. If nothing else, the
        Guidelines committee can be an open sounding board to air issues. We
        meet every third Thursday of the month at four and always put out the
        invite.
        My POV is that we all need to stay cool, and assume that we're all
        working toward making KMUN a more functional entity, and a more
        comfortable place to play.

        ben hunt