Programmers Meeting

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
      Everyone,

      We are going to have a general programmers meeting on Thursday
      October 25th from 5-7 at the Astoria Public Library. The first half
      hour is a social time- pizza will be served. There's lots to talk
      about. There is a new emergency alert system in place and we will go
      over emergency procedures for programmers. We'll talk about the
      changes that are underway in funding, our relationship with the CPB
      (Corporation for Public Broadcasting) and NPR.
      This is also a good time to discuss any programming issues that you
      have and for us to look ahead to the possibilities of what's coming
      down the road for KMUN. (30 years old in April!)

      This is a required meeting! (you actually signed a contract that
      said you would attend all scheduled meetings and it's been awhile!)

      See you then!
      Elizabeth
    • Debbie Twombly
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2012
        Sounds fun!!! I'm looking forward to spending an evening with lots of
        really neat people!!! Thanks!!!
        Debbie T.

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 24, 2012
          A final reminder that the Programmers Meeting is tomorrow, Thursday,
          October 25th from 5-7 PM at the Astoria Public Library, 10th Street
          between Duane and Exchange. Pizza will be served. See you then!

          Elizabeth
        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2014
            Hey everybody,

            Good to be back in Astoria. We will be having a (required) programmers meeting on Tuesday, August 12th from 5-7 PM at the Astoria Library. Please put on your calendars!! There are rumors that certain staff members will be waving pom pom's and that will be worth coming in for! (Plus pizza and beverages!)

            Summer Pledge Drive is Friday, August 15th to Monday, August 25th. Sign up sheets going up soon! Please help all you can!

            Thanks,
            Elizabeth
          • <george@...>
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29, 2014
              Elizabeth, Welcome back.

              Is this required for those who pretty much only do  programming on KCPB?  KCPBers are not mentioned in the Meeting Notice, so I hope I am correct that we need not attend.

              George McCartin

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2014
                Everyone,

                Hope you have the Programmer's Meeting on your calendars- Tuesday, August 12th - 5-7 PM- Astoria Public Library.

                Pom poms?, pizza, drinks and best of all- seeing your follow programmers.

                (Just a reminder that these meetings are required!)

                See you then!

                Elizabeth
              • Elizabeth
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 18, 2016
                  Everyone,

                  Is there something that you would like to have addressed at the programmer's meeting? Give me a head's up so we can be better prepared to handle your questions!

                  Thanks,
                  Elizabeth

                  Wednesday, August 31st 6-8 PM Lovell Room- 14th and Duane in Astoria
                • Westerberg Bob & Aletha
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 19, 2016
                    Hi Elizabeth,   et al

                    "Thought you'd never ask"   ..  :-)   Thanks!     Hope you can discuss, and take suggestions on HOW US PROGRAMERS  can make your job easier.... If a

                    programmer can arrange for a sub.... work with a fellow programer in your slot.... trade off.... and THEN go to you when completed  OR if needed   Let's get back to

                     the way it was for many years.     The program director then NEEDs to be "kept in the loop", especially if you need help.    I think most programers would find this

                     MUCH more efficient.  Having fellow "jazz, folk, classical"   programers MEET,  two or three time each year,   (not done for a very long time)  will help greatly.

                    "Thanks,for listening"  :-)

                    Peace,
                    Bob Westerberg
                    classical programer