April stuff

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2012
      After a busy March, I'm happy that April is here! We will be having a
      one-day pledge drive on KMUN's 29th birthday- Tuesday, April 17th- to
      make up for the short-fall we experienced during the pledge drive due
      to the tower antenna breaking off and leaving us at 10% power.
      We will have an open house and birthday cake on the 17th. Please stop
      by and say hi to our listeners!

      The antenna should arrive today. However we have to wait for a good
      weather window to get the tower climbers safely up to attach it.
      Hopefully they will be able to do it by the end of the week.

      And now the important stuff- some April birthdays- Celebrate at will!

      4/4- Muddy Waters- 1915
      4/6- Merle Haggard- 1937
      4/7- Billie Holiday- 1915
      4/9- Carl Perkins- 1932
      4/12- Tiny Tim- 1932
      4/13- Al Green- 1946
      4/14- Loretta Lynn- 1935
      4/15- Bessie Smith- 1894
      4/16- Dusty Springfield- 1939
      4/18- Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown- 1924
      4/21- Iggy Pop- 1947
      4/22- Charles Mingus- 1922
      4/25- Ella Fitzgerald- 1918, Albert King- 1923
      4/27- Sergei Prokofieff- 1891
      4/29- Duke Ellington- 1899
      4/30- Willie Nelson