Ballot Procedure

  • Herb Mindt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hello Kmunies, I want to address concerns on how to turn in your Ballot, if bringing them to the Station, mailing, or bringing them to the Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, November 19 (breakfast at 9am, meeting at 10am).

      1. If you bring your ballot to the Station, be sure to give it to David Paul at the front desk, don't put it in the ballot box yourself. David needs to check your name off the list of Active Members who are eligible to vote. In the past, the Ballot box was left on the front desk where anyone at anytime could come in and put their ballot in the box. This year, after talking with Joanne, the ballot box will be removed from the Front desk to be sure only eligible Ballots are being submitted and properly checked off the Active Membership list as having voted. If David Paul has left the station, please give your Ballot to a Staff person only. Ballots will then be put it in a designated location where David will check the name off the list and put it in the Ballot box.

      2. If you are mailing your Ballot, and privacy is not a concern, put your completed Ballot in an envelope with the voters name and address on the outside for Davids identification. You do NOT need to sign the back of the envelope as the instructions say. Joanne and the Board will rethink, and hopefully revise the instructions for next year and remove the request of signature. There is no way of comparing the signature to anything at the station, so it is actually of no value.

      2a. If you are mailing your Ballot, and privacy IS a concern, put your completed Ballot (without your name on it) in an envelope and seal it. Next, put that envelope in another envelope that is addressed to the Station with the voters name and address on the outside for Davids identification. Again, you do not need to sign the back of the outside envelope.

      3. If you bring your Ballot to the Membership Meeting, David will be there to take them and check your name off the Membership list. After each candidate has addressed the Membership, the final call for Ballots will be made. Again, David will check the voters name off the current Membership list and counting will begin.

      4. Anyone coming to the Membership meeting that is not a current member, or has not renewed their Membership, can sign up/renew then. They will receive their Ballot at that time.

      We all know people that will be voting. If they ask you for help in completing their Ballots, I hope this will help you help them.

      I welcome your emails, as does Joanne with any further questions.

      Thanks to each of you for making Coast Community Radio the Great Radio Station it is!

      Herb Mindt
      Board President

      ps. I will ask David Paul to make a sign for the Front Desk explaining to those turning in a Ballot what to do if he is not around. We don't need Ballots left on the Front Desk to get lost, or not be able to identify who they belong to if not properly prepared.