Pledge Drive and Spinitron

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Whew! The Spinitron required reporting period is over for this
      quarter! Thanks everyone for getting in your playlists. All but 5
      programs are in the database. I will turn off the 'duration and end
      of song' part of the playlist entry as soon as the last playlist gets
      handed in. (Hopefully today!)

      Our 'Bring on an Early Spring' pledge drive starts this Friday. Again
      this will be a shorter drive.. 7 days (and 6 hours- so we can end at
      noon on Friday the 12th).

      -Each day there will be a drawing for a special gift. Everyone who
      calls will be in the drawing for the day. Gifts include round trip
      tickets on Seaport Air to anywhere they fly.

      -This will be a 'mug free' drive! Instead we will have tote bags for
      the $40. individual membership level. We still have lots of T-shirts
      left over from previous drives, so we will offer those for the $60.
      level.

      -As usual, each show will have a goal. Many of the shows will have
      challenge matches. I will have pitching ideas for you typed up on
      sheets in the air room. Use them for reference, but use your own words.
      Talk to your pitch partner about what you love about the station, why
      did you became a volunteer, etc... Listeners need to be reminded of
      the value that the station has for them. Stick to that emphasis. Why
      should people support us? Why is community radio important? Speak
      from your heart!

      - Listeners are in their cars in Tillamook, at home in Long Beach, at
      work in Seaside- imagine yourself in their shoes, listening to our
      drive.

      -Give the phone numbers and web page address OVER AND OVER!! We want
      to steer people to our web page!!

      THANKS IN ADVANCE! THIS WILL BE A GREAT DRIVE!!!

      There are still some openings for shifts! PLEASE SIGN UP!!

      PHONES-
      Saturday, March 6th- 6-9 PM
      Sunday, March 7th- 9-noon, 3-5 PM
      Tuesday,March 9th- 7-10 AM, 6-9 PM
      Thursday, March 11th- 6-9 PM
      Friday, March 12th- 7-10 AM

      PITCHING-

      Tuesday, March 9th- Morning Classics 6-8 AM
      Wednesday, March 10th- Lullaby of Broadway- 3-4 PM
      Thursday, March 11th- Morning Classics- 6-8 AM