Current

  • Dario charnay
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2001
      KMUNies,

      My gosh, a wake for me! I see that is the suggestion
      from Karynn Kozij of Seaside in the latest Current.

      I know I've been gone from my show's namesake and I
      know that my show might be going from the schedule.
      It is certainly my own darn fault isn't for not being
      at the Annual Members Meeting, nor for giving Dave a
      break once in a while. Plus now I hear that some
      other nice person is filling in on my show.

      True, I have been very quiet since the April Current
      issue. Maybe the joke was on me and just like the
      Easter Bunny, leprechauns, Santa and others, I am
      relegated to myth! The great KMUN myth!

      But a wake, am I now officially dead! Changes and I
      die! I think not! Maybe I and the show will take a
      hiatus.

      Well, as you know, some KMUNies are travelers with our
      heart in an area. Even though I am not there in body,
      I am there in spirit. Even if the show isn't in the
      schedule, I am a KMUNie! I also know that now Dave is
      on the Board and can help lead the station, that is
      great news, for he is a true friend and fan, like me,
      of KMUN.

      I did read with interest the election of the new Board
      and hear about the great turnout of KMUN lovers. I
      know that we are searching for a new station manager.
      That will happen soon and the station will not only
      just continue but grow and thrive.

      Just for information, as you can guess, I was out of
      the US when the disaster struck. I then went to
      Pakistan to visit and possibly help friends. There
      are many innocent people in that area and people
      trying to help Afghans fleeing their own country to
      survive. I have read my emails, athough no energy to
      reply to much.

      Some day I will return and maybe, regain the
      microphone, and my real onair voice.

      A wake for me, my show? My show may go into
      hibernation like I do sometimes, but it will be back
      and I will too sometime.

      Maybe an onair party!

      Maybe the "Dario Charnay World Traveler Club party!"
      (I have heard that the reggae show has a yearly
      party! So, maybe a Dario Party is better idea than a
      wake!")

      With love,

      Dario

      or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
        If anyone goes to Seaside soon, please take issues of the new CURRENT
        to the Seaside Library. (20-30 issues)

        Thanks,
        Elizabeth
      • Cindy Price
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
          Greetings.

          A reminder that the DEADLINE for submissions to the next edition of the
          Current is:::::
          *Monday, August 11*.

          This is the fall Current, covering September, October and November.

          Send your submission to Bob Goldberg at bgold@....

          Cheers,
          Cindy